Chapter 11

Brandon’s Pov

I walked in and found my grandparents, my Uncles and my parents sitting in the sitting room.

‘’What’s going on?’’ I question as I went to kiss dad on the cheek.

‘’Have you heard from Arnie, was he with you at all today?’’ My dad asks and I could tell he was worry.

‘’Not since this morning, after that I went to all my classes and then after I left to tell the people at the center that I wouldn’t be able to volunteer there anymore’’. I reply and my father gave me the look, the one that said –we’ll talk about this later-.

‘’He didn’t come home’’. Dad says and I turn my gaze to him about to question him but grandpa cut in.

‘’He was supposed to work and never showed up’’. Now I was starting to worry.

Maybe he left; maybe he didn’t need us anymore.

However, my gut was telling me something was very wrong here.

‘’Did you call him, maybe he just went to visi-‘’. I didn’t finish my sentence, why would he be visiting the people that made his life a living hell.

I didn’t know the whole story, but if Arnie was my caller than he was being abused at home.

‘’Dad, you said he talked to you about his life, who abused him?’’ I question feeling sick.

‘’His grandparents took him in after his dad died’’. My dad spoke softly, while looking down at the floor.

When he lifted his gaze, they were unshed tears in his eyes.

‘’His grandfather, raped him every chance he could, and when it wasn’t him he would bring clients and would video tape it to sell that on a website, Arnie was beaten, spit on and raped by others and his own grandfather, he also blamed him for Arnie’s mother’s death’’. My dad was now sobbing.

I look around at the people there; I had tears in my eyes and didn’t even bother to hide it.

I lock my gaze on grandpas and thought, how could a grandfather be that sick.

Arnie wouldn’t go back, now willingly.

‘’You think his grandfather found him?’’ I drawl as I look out to the window, the sun was already setting and it went with my mood.

The sunset was never my thing since that was when my mother and her crazy boyfriend would come home.

‘’You think Arnie wouldn’t fight him?’’ My father asks snapping me out of my dark thoughts and memories of my mother’s boyfriend punching me.

‘’No, he would probably be paralyzed just by him talking and if the grandfather showed up he probably brought a weapon’’. My grandpa explains.

My stomach drops as he mention weapon.

‘’You need to go get him’’. Sophie’s voice made us all turn to look at her at the top of the stairs.

‘’Sophie honey, we can’t just go bust in their house’’. Dad reasoned with her.

‘’Brandon, he needs help, your help go get him back’’. She pleaded with a shaky voice.

‘’Sophie, bug I can’t’’. I say matching her voice.

‘’Can’t or won’t, why are you such a jerk’’. She growled at me making me wince.

Forgot how mad she can get.