𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

Authors note:

||This story is still in the rough stages of editing, so there will be lots of updating happening while it's published. So do please bear with me. I hope those who read this story will enjoy it as I enjoyed creating it and the characters. Happy reading.||

.......................................................................................................................

Once upon a time, long ago, in country known for it's legends of spirits and demons, a young boy came across a bead, a Magatama  given to the Sun Goddess Amaterasu by her younger brother Susanoo, God of the sea and storms, that had fallen from the heavens when Amaterasu had chewed and spat out six gods and three goddesses.

Now, when the young boy had found the fallen jewel, he took it away and hid it underneath the roots of a old pine tree for safekeeping. But it would not stay hidden for long, for soon after the Sun deity found out the young boy had stolen one of the beads and kept if for himself instead of offering it and returning it to her, anger got the better of the goddess and she made him  immortal and place a curse of upon the boy, to follow the Sun's journey throughout day and night no matter what around the surrounding land of his village and from then on naming him the guardian of the fallen jewel, to keep safe from Yokai and evil hands, claiming that he had wanted to keep the jewel, now he would have to protect it until she decide to free him from the curse. At this, the boy insulted Amaterasu and the jewel, making her further curse his soul that if he failed to complete a day's journey, his soul was a to be destroyed to nothing, as punishment until she felt the young boy had learnt never to steal from the gods again.

Now 2,000 years after Amaterasu's curse of immortality had passed and the young boy eventually became nothing but a myth among men, perhaps now after all this time, the Sun goddess would feel pity upon the boy, and end of his punishment. Or perhaps she would forever have him closer to her side and Sun's than before........

But that is the past, we must first start at a new beginning.

.......................................................................................................................

The slow pitter patter of rain filled the streets and gutters like a small stream. Puddles lay on the concrete pavements, their reflections holding the scenes above them like portals to other worldly dimensions. People hurriedly ran here and there to their designations, covering their heads with umbrellas, coats, some bags, others walked calmly around the bustle, not minding the clouds' tears falling upon them.

That was one thing Akira Waring did not understand. And something she felt she never would. She didn't mind the rain, nor getting wet. But after nearly two weeks of rain continually soaking her near waterproof jacket and wet frizzy hair? No. Now the girl longed for the sight of the sun and the feel of it's comforting rays upon her face. She had now grown bored with the constant sight of waking up and looking out her bedroom window, which was covered with hundreds of tears.

The slow, loud squeak of breaks alerted Akira that the bus had arrived at it's final destination: her home. Thanking the bus driver and pulling the hood over her head of her rain mac, she stepped off the bus with a small jump and dashed towards her sanctuary of warmth and comfort. Running through puddles and the heavy downpour like a warrior heading into battle, a wave of happiness filled her as the familiar sight of the green door towards her right grew closer. It was a small place, on the outskirts of the village Ludlow. A rather quiet place, certainly not as big or bustling as a city, but plenty to keep a seventeen year old girl occupied, when it wasn't raining. The local park and library was a favorite place of hers, along with the cinema.
But for the rest of today, Akira  would be spending her time at home, nested in a safe haven of warm blankets with a book or a film perhaps. And a warm cup of tea. That made her smile more, as she paused her running and pushed open the door, where the scent of food greeted her.