Telling, Asking, Talking, Leaving, and Returning

"I'm really considering going away to a treatment center where I can get some help." 

I shut our bedroom door. 

I got in our bed. 

I was calling Jeremy. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey. I just wanted to call you. I know things have been, I guess, up-- You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs recently. And I've just been thinking about something for, you know, for a little while. And I think I'm gonna go away to a, um-- Like, a therapeutic treatment place. Just kind off-- Kind of like a reset button for my life." 

"What's your plan as far as Addie?" 

"Right. I know, like, you'll be working. So, I'm just gonna let Addie stay with Mom, if that's okay." 

"Alright. That's fine. You just got to focus on you. The kids, we'll take care of." 

"Right. I know." 

"Well, I'm proud of you for making that step. I just want you healthy. No matter where we're at as far as Marriage, this and that." 

"Right."

"I just want you healthy." 

"I appreciate it." 

"When you go out there don't hold nothing back when they start asking you questions. Even though it might upset you or make you cry. And don't come back here holding nothing back." 

"Right. I mean, I feel like you have things to work on as well as I do. You know, I may come back a completely different person and my mind-set maybe completely different. I don't-- I mean--" 

"Yeah." 

"I'm really overwhelmed with the kids and fighting with Corey, so I've decided to go to a treatment center that's out of State. Because I'll be gone for a month, my Mom agreed to watch Addie. And I think it's best for the twins to stay with Corey and Miranda." 

I walked into Roni's. 

I sat at the table where Corey and Miranda were. 

He cleared his throat. 

"So, why'd you want to meet up?" Corey questioned. 

"I just wanted to talk to you guys about somethings that I wanted to work on with myself. And also, like, I really need help with the girls while I go do this therapy, like, at-- Like, I guess, at a facility or something. It's a more intense therapy, you know, like--" 

"It's not like a Rehab or nothing like that?" He questioned. 

"No. It's nothing, like, bad." 

"How long will you be gone for?" She questioned. 

"Just a few weeks." 

"I don't know what happened, like, where in the hell this therapy stuff came from. I mean, like, there's a rumor going around town that you guys are getting divorced." 

"Maybe. Maybe not. We really don't know right now." 

"That's none of our business, but it is gonna be if y'all do get divorced because our kids are involved in it. We are willing to watch them while you're there." 

"Do you think that after you go to this Rehab that you're going to be better? Are you gonna be able to deal with things?" Miranda inquired. 

"Oh, yeah. I feel like me going there, I'm gonna be able to be a better Mom and be the best Mom that I can be."