Chapter 26

Natanya was muzzled again.

"You understand, don't you, dear?" said the redhead, as if speaking to a child. "It's for your own good."

Natanya cast her a glare that said, 'I'll kill you for this.'

"Don't be rash," the vampire warned. "If you misbehave, I'll be forced to kill Cami. Which I truly don't want to do. You, however... I don't think you'll make it through the night. Better you die than Cami, right?"

They hadn't stood a chance against the woman. She'd knocked them out in seconds, and had gone to find the muzzle to extract venom before taking both Natanya and Cami to her car. Cami had been shoved in the trunk, while Natanya had been strapped to the front seat.

"Here we are," said the woman as she pulled up to the back parking lot of St. Anne's Church. "Sit tight, Natanya, I'll come for you shortly."

She stepped out of the vehicle, going to the back where Cami was and popping open the trunk. "Aw, poor dear, still sleeping," she said smugly. "Well, you have a big day ahead of you. We should get started."

There was a sudden thump, and Natanya saw Cami rushing away through the rearview mirror. The other woman, however, caught up quickly, keeping her from going any further. "That was not nice," she said sharply. "Okay, you and I need to have a little heart-to-heart conversation. Come along. Let's get your friend."

She yanked Cami to the passenger's side of the car, practically ripping Natanya out of the seat before she made both walk into the gym with her, where several men were in the middle of their workouts.

"What are we doing here?" asked Cami worriedly.

"I heard a rumor these men train here, hoping to be made into vampires," said the redhead. "So, I'm going to grant them their wish."

"Wait, please!" cried Cami when the woman shoved her forward. "I don't know who you are, but if you have a problem with me, fine. Just let them go. Let Natanya go."

"Huh," said the woman, blinking. "I had assumed you knew who I was." Her eyes flickered toward Natanya. "She seems to know."

Natanya's eyes said, 'I have a pretty good idea.'

"No matter," said the woman. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aurora de Martel..." she curtsied, "Long-lost love of Niklaus Mikaelson. He and I are having just a little bit of a spat at the moment, as he took my brother captive. Now, it's come to my attention that you are... quite precious to him. And you..." she looked at Natanya, "seem to matter quite a bit to Elijah. Considering what he did to me, I see it as quite appropriate to take you, too. They'll surely release Tristan to get the two of you back."

Aurora gestured to the men around them. "And these 'lovely, delicious, delightful' specimens are going to provide incentive! Once they're in transition, they'll need to feed." She reached out to brush some hair off of Cami's shoulder. "And since you will be the only human blood available... Well, Nik had better give me what I want."

She shoved Cami forward, knocking her to the ground. "Gentlemen!" she said, clapping to get the attention of the other humans in the gym. "Come down! Quick, quick. Off you pop! Thank you... hello, you, too! Congratulations. You have all been selected to receive the highest honor bestowed upon your pitiful species."

"Don't do this!" pleaded Cami as Aurora forced Natanya to sit beside Cami.

Aurora ignored her, and looked around before speed to a blond man, biting her wrist and feeding him her blood, which he took gratefully. She then snapped his neck, looking around at the others. "Next?"