Rabbit Hole

Piper

Honestly, I have no fucking idea what just happened tonight. But here I am walking hand in hand with Alex. I have never felt so many emotions all at once. How in the world can this woman made me feel a shit tons of emotions in a short period of time? One minute I was perfectly happy and the next second she made me feel like I want to punch someone directly in the face. Specifically that sexy, hot woman back at the bookstore.

"Where are we going?". I asked.

"You'll see... Come on. I'm sure you'll like it there". Alex drags me across the street and we just keep walking. I have no idea where she's taking me. We meandered through the streets, which were filling up with end-of-the-workday traffic.

"How about your girlfriend back there?". I voiced out and I feel a sudden feeling of jealousy.

"My girlfriend? I don't know who you're talking about". She said in an icy voice but still kept her pace. I still don't know where we're going.

"I thought you're going out to dinner with her. What was her name again? Sam?".

Alex stop walking abruptly and I almost slammed into her. She spun around to look at me and her face is impassive but her eyes are soft and gentle .

"Alright, listen." She took a deep breath "First of all, Sam is not my girlfriend".

I very much enjoyed the way she disowned her with her dismissive tone.

"And second of all, I'd rather go out with you tonight than spend my evening with someone else".

My heart skipped a bit for a second and my stomach flutter hearing those words coming from Alex's beautiful mouth. I can't help but feel fluttered and I can't stop myself from grinning like an idiot.

I found myself walking on a sidewalk leading past the backs of several shops. We cross another road and it looked like the buildings here were mostly wearhouses.

We keep walking for like fifteen minutes and then we round around the corner and Alex stop walking in front of what looks like an abandoned building. The paint are peeling off the walls and I feel like this building will collapse at any moment. There is a small gate and Alex push it open and there is a short step going down to a red door.

"What is this place?".

"Shhhh. Come on".

Alex pulled me down the short steps and open the door.

Inside is a well lit, small and cozy restaurant. I've never been to this kind of place before. It smelled strongly of coffee and cigarettes. But oddly enough I like it.

"This is where I go to chill out".

We were making our way to the table when somebody yelled.

"ALEX!"

A small child with long black hair called Alex behind the counter and she immediately run towards her.

"Maria!". She hug Alex around the waist and Alex patted her head.

"Hey, Kiddo. I've got something for you" . Alex dig inside her bag and took out a book.