Oxford Libraries

Creaky wooden floors, marble figure statues, walls upon walls of leather bound books, hidden aisles of unspoken tales, arched ceilings, iron clad windows, spiral staircases, and elegantly carved details that make you examine each crevice. Oxford libraries breathe secrets and hope into the air and inspire the traveler in his quest. As you push the handle of the medieval door, the smell of parchment and wood warms your soul even as rain pours against the windows. Each clap of thunder brings you closer and closer to new adventures and you feel like a butterfly who has just been introduced to the world. Your matching plaid set blends with the background and you look to the crystal chandelier that swings to its own tune. You sway through the aisles until you see his fluffy brown hair, emerald green eyes, and well tailored suit. You stop to look at this boy who you thought only existed in the books. He plucks a grin and looks into your big eyes and you cannot help but smile. Your heart skips a beat and as your fingers graze the spines of these luxurious books, you realize that his presence is too noticeable. Your fingers meet at the same book and your skin stands from his gentle and caring touch. Both of your eyes lock and time feels stuck at this one moment. You see his whole story in those gorgeously captivating eyes and you feel like you have known him forever because maybe... you have. He puts out his hand and you tilt your head to the right to indicate the sheer confusion. He laughs at your reaction, but you still take his hand because he feels safe and familiar. You run out of one dream into another and the rain kisses your eyelashes. You skip through puddles of water that lead to other worlds and he twirls you in circles until you land in his arms. You both laugh at the silliness, but you settle into his embrace and realize that Oxford libraries hold more than just books.