001. Hurricane In High Heels

001, hurricane in high heels 🌊🐆💸

🌊🐆💸

     Rory Lopez was not just a girl, she was a rich bitch, a beach girl goddess, an angel and devil all at once. Rory Lopez was a storm that rained down rose petals and sparkly gold liquid!

A tiny part of her (the Pogue part) hated who she'd become. This replica of her father, this copy of the Kook Princesses she once despised. But nothing could stop it, not even her, because she was her father's daughter, she'd never been like her mother, even when she was still alive. This girl god she'd become, she was the type of pretty that made you gawk, jaw hanging open as she giggled at a joke the boy in a polo shirt made.

Rory Lopez was a hurricane in high heels, but she wasn't the only hurricane the residents of the Outer Banks had to worry about.

Her rings clinked against the side of her glass bottle as she picked it up, the peachy orange liquid inside sloshed a little as she raised it to her lips. Taking a sip, Rory's gaze fell on the horizon, a gorgeous view from her bedroom's balcony. The sky was streaked with ash grey, white peaked waves seemed to chop through the water, hinting at what was to come.

Rory sighed, red-painted nails clattered a little against her pink sunglasses as she pushed them onto the top of her head and set her bottle of apricot juice down. She picked up her phone and swiped to the News App. Sure enough, there was the hurricane warning, and Rory's crystal heart sank at the thought of no bikinis for at least two days.

Immediately her fingers went to work, nails tapping against the screen as she typed a message full of broken hearts to Sarah and then Rue, the two other members of the infamous Kook Princess Trio. After it sent (luckily, the service hadn't gone down yet, but Rory was dreading the moment it did) she tucked her phone into her shorts and went inside, carrying her drink between two fingers.

Rory's bedroom was a mess, as per usual, but she liked to think of it as a pretty mess. Besides, it was all pinks and whites and purples, silky material and pearl jewellery, so really, it wasn't the worst thing she'd ever seen. Rory set her now-empty drink down on her dresser, hopped over a pile of shoes and crossed the room, emerging onto the upstairs hallway.

"Eli!" Rory made her way to the landing that overlooked the entryway, peering over the railing to look for her brother. "Elliot, where are you?"

"In here!" Elliot's reply came from the room to the side of the front door, so Rory clambered down the stairs, one ring clad hand brushing the railing. She pushed the white double doors open and music spilled out, Rory found her twin brother sitting at the piano, fingers dancing across the keys.

"Hey, L, what's up?" Elliot didn't stop playing, merely glanced over his shoulder as Rory strode over to the couch behind the piano and plonked down with a sigh.