Chapter One

The ringing was absolutely unbearable.
So was her bed. Idly, she wondered if she had fallen asleep with something breakable on her bed, rolled over and broke it at some point in the night.

That thought was quickly cut off when the ringing got louder. Now, it was all she could hear. It was loud, reminding Jayden of LED lights, and for some reason it felt too soft, too far away, to be this loud.

It was a sensation Jayden had experienced quite often in her younger years, and she recognized it vaguely as the beginning of a sensory overload.

No. She thought, sensory overloads got worse the more she thought, the more she focused on her surroundings. This noise was getting quieter.

She waited a few moments, slowly opening her eyes, blinking a few times to clear away the light before rolling over.

She registered that was a mistake as soon as her face hit gravel, and the aching that Jayden previously hadn't noticed consumed her body.

Where the fuck am I?

-=-=-=—=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It had been a week since what Jayden was calling 'The Incident." As far as she knew, she had ended up in another universe, and wasn't that a whole can of worms. She was sure this was some type of incredible breakthrough for some type of scientific or mathematical field, but she honestly didn't really care. Her number one priority right now had to be getting home.

When she had 'landed' in this universe, she ended up on a walking trail not too far away from New York City, or this worlds version of it at least. She also knew what universe she was in, sort of.

This universe was the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which, as a fangirl, was awesome, but she didn't have time to meet the Avengers or save the world. She had to get back to her universe before she fucked up the timeline.

Right now her priorities were to stay low, and to find a way home without alerting SHIELD, Tony Stark, or any other important figures, using the little to none knowledge she had on the multiverse theory, all of which came from movies. Movies she was now living in.

Which is why,currently, Jayden was sitting at a computer in the first public library she had come across, researching everything she could on the multiverse theory. Or at least attempting to.

Sighing as she closed yet another useless link, Jayden stood up and turned off the computer. It was getting late, and she needed to find a place to stay for the night. The last hotel had kicked her out after a week, and Jayden had no interest in sleeping on the streets of New York. Especially because she knew that the second Iron Man movie would be starting soon, and she had no interest in getting blown up by one of Justin Hammer's murder bots.

She also needed to find a way to make money. The money she had been able to get legally was down to a single hundred dollar bill, which probably wouldn't last until the morning, and the likely hood of someone hiring her when she had no viable ID, no money, no address, and no evidence of an education was smaller than she'd like.

Shaking herself out of her stupor, Jayden made her way to the relatively cheap cafe across the street and ordered