Twenty- Seven

The one and Only Lover

My eyes opened up and I found myself in a hospital bed surrounded by the different contraptions. The first response I had was of panic. My first thought was maybe something bad had happened to my family. Something bad had happened to my Violet. 

My sons, where are they I need to be with them. I decided to get up and the whole world revolved around my eyes causing me to fall back on the bed once again. My body begin to ache to make me realize how serious the problem was. But why I was in here? I do not remember it.

I heard the door open and I started to search for something to protect me. Whoever put me here must have done something to me. I hear the footsteps. Then I saw her. "Lucian" She cried out. "You are awake. You are finally awake." Her voice was filled with tears. She looked at my way with a happy face. "I am going to call the doctor." She said coming towards me and pressing the button beside my bed.

"Violet" I whispered. "Where am I?" She placed her hand on my chest. "In the hospital. Don't you remember what had happened? You were stabbed by your brother. Your mother stabilized you and we rushed to the nearest hospital." Did Peter stab me? But why he will stab me? " I know you probably cannot remember any of it. But it is alright. We are alright now." I felt her kiss my forehead.

 "Chris and Luke..." I heard the door open again and the doctor came in. "Mrs. Night, if you give me a moment." I held Violet's hand. "Can you stay, please? For me?" "Doctor, I would like to stay here with my husband." She stated.

The doctor checked my dressing, my wound and redressed it. "The stitches are healing nicely Mr. Night. You are lucky that you survived even after one of your vital organs had been penetrated. Your kidney was damaged, but we patched it the best that we could. After you heal, you shall consider a nephrologist. We will see your treatment from there." I don't like his diagnosis. I can see it on Violet's face that she doesn't as well. The doctors left after that.

"How long I was out for?" I asked. "Three months. And I wanted to wake you up and kill you once again." I laughed at that. "Only you can do that. And I will not mind a bit Querida. How are children?" I asked. "Missing you, Luke didn't want to leave your side but he also needed his rest. He is in less pain when he walks. But he still cannot walk for prolonged hours. The therapist says it will get better with time." I held her hand and pulled her closer. I slowly touched her abdomen which was showing a little bump. "How is my baby girl?"

"She misses her father as well. She is going to be the daddy's girl. I have no doubt in that." I moved my fingers over her bump. "What are you carving?" I asked her. "only you, and now I can get you. All I want. I can get you for myself. But first, you need to heal. And so the doctor told me I can take you home tomorrow only if you were put on strict bed rest for a month at least." I made a sad face. "Then how will I satisfy your carving for me?" She slapped my chest. "We are in a hospital and you have been back from the death bed. Still, you can think of nothing but..." I pulled her closer.

"Why cannot I Querida, after all, I am your one and only lover. My purpose in this life and next is to love you. And I want to fulfill that purpose." I told her. She sat down in front of me and kept holding my hand in hers. "If that is your purpose, mine is to love you back equally. I am going to do that as well Lucian. That is why I need to help you recover. Then you can have me fulfill your cravings and then I can fulfill my craving for you?" She asked me. "As you command, my sweet little querida."

I felt her fingers stroking my hair. I opened my eyes and found out Rosa was sitting beside me. I pulled her hand away. Violet will not like this. And I do not wish to anger her for anything. "Rosa, what are you doing here?" I asked. "I got the news. I am certainly not happy about this Luci, you are one of my best friends." I looked around my room which I am sharing with my querida. She was nowhere to be found. Where could she go?