Chapter 1: The Prologue

Yukki's POV

2 years later, On July 15th, The gang decided to have a friendly picnic at the top of Mt. Torpy. Lame name but nice view. It was for old time sake. we all met at different timing and of course Xiao was first and i was last and my face were the annoyed as ever. "Hard to tell which mountain to go in a city that's "surrounded by mountains.".

It was legit and tiring. When i arrived the picnic were already setted up perfectly as it was like the last time we had it. I noticed Kyou was much more closer to Xiao more than ever. Kyou was holding Xiao's arm as if it was a pole. She looks cute and lovely. Xiao is happy about it.I grinned and thought to myself 'Never thought Kyao would be a thing' and smiled.

The smile turned into a focused look as i looked around to find Daze. I never saw her when I arrived. I knew Daze had something for Kyou. I knew she'll feel a little bit jealous about this stuff.

I saw Daze but she's just watching Choi playing with her game station. She looked happy. She doesn't seem to mind it. The opposite of what I thought she would feel. 'Welp, if she's okay with it. Why not.' I sighed in relief.

 My thoughts were interrupted with Rez yelling my name to "play together" although i'm sure he just wanna beat me to grave in tag with the others. I shaked off my thoughts and ran into them knowingly what's about to happen.

a couple of minutes later

Everyone sat down at the picnic matress tired and breathing heavily. Especially me who ran 10m to chase Rez who keeps tagging me over and over again. I complained to Xiao and he doesn't even mind me talking in an exhausted tone. He just listens to it with no complain.

 Although he does always gives me the same answer everytime, "you should've exercise more y'know. A detective still needs to chase runaways criminals." he said with that terrible grin on his face again. I yelled and complain even more but he just listens and... smile.

When me and Xiao finally had a chance to be alone, I asked him a bunch of questions and he does the same thing to me. One of them is what i had been wondering ever since we had this picnic. I shot the gun and ask "Do you have a personal feelings for Kyou?" I asked with a tilted head. He blushed and says "W-What. WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?!? O-OF COURSE NO." He yelled so loudly.

that i had to close my ears. I grin and says "That scream was loud though." Xiao became red as a tomato. He gather his breath and ask me "W-Well! Do you have a crush on someone then!". I shrugged and replied with "don't know, never thought about love yet. Don't know about you but i'm gonna be a "Kyao Enthusiasts" from now on". Xiao became embarrassed so hard. I laughed very slowly.

 When the laugh dies down, i asked him one final question. "Do you think this friendship will last forever?". He asked back "Our friendship like just me and you?". I nodded and he replied "Don't know. I hope so. I would like to teach you some more shower thoughts." I sigh. I looked to the sky and thought to myself 'me too bud, me too.' I smiled. I decided to stop bother him with questions and enjoy the picnic.

The picnic ended. Everyone's faces were full of joy but sad when the day ends. I head back to my home. Not expecting too much. Ever since father got promotion, he rented an apartment nearby his work. he rarely come back home nowadays. Mother is in a better place. I musn't forget that. I returned to my house. As expected, No ones inside. I turned on my lights and saw Mosse is asleep. As cute as a cat should've been. I cooked some leftover steak and eat it all by myself. after i was done i cleaned up the kitchen, washed the dishes and swiftly go take a bath. It was refreshing. All the worries begone after the rinse. Put on my blue hoodie and black shorts with a stripped line on its side and went back to my bedroom. It's not cold but the hoodie is just for comfort. Tommorow, Xiao has a History quiz. I have to be beside him from the house to the venue. I slept peacefully... maybe...

.......

Daze's POV

'I wish i realized this painful feeling sooner, Kyou seems to get more attached Xiao more than me. I hated the feeling. I want Kyou to be like that to me too.' i thought to myself as i cry on the bed. 'It was maybe for the best for Kyou. Xiao is better than me.' I had doubt thoughts. I closed my eyes to sleep with tears on my cheek.
I woke up to the sound of my loud alarm coming from my phone. I quickly turned it off and brought myself out of bed. Heading straight to the bathroom for a bath and prepare to go to Xiao's history quiz. As much as i hate it, I have to in order to be beside Kyou. I looked to the mirror and blushed. 'What was i thinking! ugh.' I wore my clother and went down for breakfast. I had Bacon and Eggs. Classic.

 I gave my parents some goodbye before i left the house. I was a little late so i had to rush to go there. As i was running, I caught sight of a police car driving with their sirens on. 'Damn criminals, just get the heck out of the world already' I looked back foward and continue running.

I have more than just 20m to go there. The place is quite far away than i thought. Maybe should've bought a bike as it'll be faster and energy saving but I am too far to go back now. I thought to myself as i ran to the venue. So, i guess i can continue on.