CHAPTER 2: Imagination of a Scenario

As for the demon itself, it's not real (I can promise).

Sleep paralysis demons may not be real, but that doesn't make the experience of being trapped in your body with the sense or vision of one any less terrifying.

Imagine the following scenario: It's been a long day, you go to bed later than usual and fall asleep quickly through sheer (pure or complete) exhaustion, but instead of waking up peacefully in the morning, you half wake in the middle of the night. And in the darkness of your bedroom, it slowly dawns on you that you can't move your body...and that someone, or something, is watching you.

You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up and not only is your whole body paralyzed, but you can't so much as move your lips to call out for help.You're not sure who or what is pushing on your chest. Even though you seem to be able to move your eyes just a little, it's too dark to see anyway.

 Even though you seem to be able to move your eyes just a little, it's too dark to see anyway

Regardless, you just feel that there's a presence there. Something strange. Something frightening.

This happened to me, when I was eleven and was a very unsettling experience. After a minute's panic, the feeling passed. And I was then able to stumble to the bathroom to make sure my face wasn't decorated with demonic symbols. It was a classic case of sleep paralysis.

The not so scientific explanations for sleep paralysis. Interestingly, some people struggle to accept it even though they consider themselves to be scientifically minded generally. I think these cases highlight just how realistic the experience of sleep paralysis can be, how it can linger in your memory and makes you question what happened for a long time afterward.

The possibility of demons, ghosts, spiritual beings, and aliens all crop up from time to time in the comments too. And while many people accept their experiences as hallucinations or dreams, some people choose to believe another explanation – that those entities are real.

Despite these beliefs, there's one clear theme: nothing bad ever actually happens, other than being frightened and perhaps losing some sleep after an episode..............

To Be Continued..........