It Started With That 'Crunch'

April 1st, half past five in the afternoon, dark clouds fill up the gloomy sky in the city.

Banging of door accompanied by the jingling of chimes sounded through the quiet living room of a small villa at the foot of the mountain.

Click clack click clack crunch-- the woman in suit stop in her tracks as she turn to look down at the poor pizza lying under her heels.

'Did I forgot to call on the housekeeping? *sigh*'

Evelyn step back and bend down to pick up the leftover pizza and throw it on the pizza box at the center table of the living room, not caring if it lands accurately or not.

Feeling tired, Evelyn toss her workbag and documents on the couch, leaving her shoes as she sighed wearily and drag herself towards the only master bedroom in the villa.

Getting the telephone along the way, a finger tapped heavily on a number calling someone through the screen, ringing the familiar dial tune.

"Hello? Housekeeping right? Please come at the xxxx. Thanks.", after hanging up Evelyn continued to drag herself towards the bedroom.

Inside the room was a messy bed on the far right, old journals and uncapped ink bottles scattered on a desk across, and some clothes were littered on the ground. 

Just like the weather outside, Evelyn's room gloomily welcomed her presence. 

'Keeping this kind of life is really going to make me single for life', Evelyn, a 29 year old, thought as she slumped on the bed drowsily. 

Later, Evelyn woke up to the sound of a person talking through the intercom attached on the wall to left side of her bed, which is connected to the front door of the villa. 

"Madam? Hello? Is anyone inside? I'm Zander from XXXX Housekeeping. Someone from this address called us a while ago... *mumbles* Hmm, did I got the wrong place? No, no. Then why isn't there anyone responding?... *gasps* Perhaps.. No, no.. ghosts can't make phone calls.." 

Now awakened Evelyn: "....... " 

Opening the quilt, Evelyn sat up and press a button on the intercom. 

"Please wait for a while, I just woke up, sorry for the inconvenience", she said hoarsely while clearing up her throat. 

Quickly getting out of the bed, not waiting for the other to reply, she rushed to the door, passing the living room with the pizza still lying somewhere on the pizza box. 

Remembering the voice that reverberated through the intercom, Zander grinned as he thought, 'Oh, so the Madam fell asleep? Hehe, how cute'

"Sorry for making you wait for long, please come inside.", a voice sounded, followed by the opening of the door. 

Turning his head at the direction of the voice, Zander was stunned to see a woman in work clothes showing off her delicate and curvy figure, her skin so white and fair with a hint of pink flushed on her face slightly panting from walking fast; her disheveled suit and bed hair with her droopy eyes gave off a slightly erotic bed look. 

"Uhh.. I-I, ah.. n-no no it's okay madam, 30 mins is not that long.", 'W-what the hell? How can someone look so good after waking up with a bed hair and t-that .. *cough* m-messy work suit?', Zander thought, stuttering as he waved his hands while trying not to look at the fair and smooth collarbone exposed from her disheveled 'mature' look. 

Voicing her apology, Evelyn bowed her head before looking up to see a handsome and tall young man looking like in his mid 20s, radiating a sunny and bright aura with a slightly oppressive look wearing a housekeeping uniform. 

'Who.. T-this.. There's someone in housekeeping.. this.. this.. so handsome?! He looks like a character out of a manga! Is this how those combat butlers look like in person?', Evelyn thought, her eyes roaming on the man's well-figured body bursting with male hormones and stopped at his face while blushing. 

"XXXX Housekeeping at your service madam, where should I start cleaning up your house?", Zander asked after remembering his duty. 

"Y-yes *cough*.. You can start in the living room. I'll be in my room, just call me if you have something to ask.", Evelyn pointed at the living room then at her room while sneaking a look at Zander's handsome face and watch him nod his head before going to the bedroom, blushing all the way through. 

Zander's gaze linger at her figure for a while until she disappears before proceeding to do his duty absentmindedly; thus, their first meeting starts with such ambiguous thoughts on April 1st, at six in the evening, despite the dark clouds covering the gloomy sky in the city.