Zero Motivation

Question: Chocolate or Vanilla

No One POV:

The birds was chirping as it was quiet. The clouds was floating in the air as it was giving a calming vibe. Well, that was until a grunt came as someone crashed to the ground.

The person is Shikamaru as he grunts from being pushed off the ram and landed to the ground hard. The audience was silent as they couldn't believe what they just saw. Even Shikamaru's sensei groan as he scratch his head.

Shikamaru look done with life as he stare at the person responsible for this. Naruto just smile at him as he had no regret for what he did. 'Damn that Naruto.' Shikamaru thought.

The crowd was booing as they were throwing things off of the arena. Banana peels, water bottles, basically your average snacks that you will bring to watch a match. Shikamaru didn't care, even if one trash hit his nose.

'They don't care about this match. I'm just the warm up for the main event. All they care about is watching Sasuke or better yet Y/n. Listen to them, the jerks.' Shikamaru thought as he could hear the people saying some negative words towards him.

'Well, if that's the way they're going to be, maybe I won't give them a match at all. Why knock myself out for them?' Shikamaru declared.

Meanwhile Temari looked annoyed as he tilted his head. He slam his fan to the ground a little. "What is it?" Temari wanting to know. "You planning on giving up, too?" He ask.

'And to top it off, my opponent's that guy, who flirted with Y/n during his match with that Tenten girl.' Shikamaru ignored Temari.

The crowd was still booing as they were talking bad about Shikamaru. Some where to say that 'He suck' or 'Be a man and fight'. The crowd was getting impatient as Asuma sweat dropped.

'Well, he never was very driven, but this?' Asuma question in his mind. "Come on, come on. Get up and fight!" Naruto finally spoke. "Get it together, Shikamaru! You're gonna get going sometime this year?" Naruto ask.

Shikamaru stayed silent. However Temari was done. "Well, if you won't move, I will." Temari charge at Shikamaru. "Hey, I didn't start the match yet." Genma stated.

"I forgot. This guy's a spunky one." Shikamaru stated as he reached towards his pocket. "I hate spunky." Shikamaru pull out his kunai.

Temari yell as he slam his fan at Shikamaru. However when the dust cleared off, Shikamaru was gone. "Huh?" Temari was confuse as he look up a little. Shikamaru was sitting on the kunai that's stabbing the wall.

"It really doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me whether I ever become a Chunin or not, but I guess maybe I shouldn't let myself get beaten by someone like you." Temari grunts at Shikamaru's words. "So, let's do it." Temaris' eyes sharpen.

Temari open his fan. "Aagh!" He swing his fan as it creates a strong wind. Naruto gasps as he remember about Temari's abilities. But to Naruto and Temari's surprise, Shikamaru was gone as he was no longer standing on his kunai.

Temari look behind as he has a good guess where Shikamaru is. 'He's quick enough when it comes to running away.' Temari smirk in thought. Behind a tree in a shadow area was Shikamaru. 

'I know it's not very manly to clobber a guy, but whoever said I was manly?' Shikamaru thought as Temari turned around and look at where Shikamaru is located.  'Nice try, but I know what the game is.' Temari analyze as he remember Shikamaru's jutsu.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu!"

'He's trying to lure me to the shadow of that tree.' Temari stated his mind, 'I'm not falling for that.'