Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

{Fakir's POV}

Duck walked passed Autor oh her left. He looked at her and I could clearly see the dark bruise on her face. If you looked closely you could see the small marks where his fingers were too. When Duck walked by I could see her become a little note nervous as she passed him. I could understand why. Class started and I felt like everyone was staring at me. I took notes with my head down and tried to not let it bother me.

We headed to the advanced class and everyone started to dance. They kept doing what they did yesterday. I watched and once again so did everyone else. Today Mr. Cat was a little more confident and more practiced, but he still fumbled one part. At the end everyone looked like they didn't know if they could clap. I didn't want to be the reason why no one congratulated Duck on her brilliance so I started clapping first. Everyone joined in soon after.

{Duck's POV}

I walked past Autor this morning and I could see him eyeing my cheek. I knew the bruise was noticeable, but when I reached my chair I would bring some hair down around it. Class went by quickly and I walked by Fakir to the advanced class. We did the same dance as before, because no one did much with the incident occurring. As we worked in our next academic class I noticed how uneasy Fakir seemed. I wondered what was going on but tried to ignore it.

Before dance class started I pulled my hair into a bun, without realizing it I showed my best friends my huge bruise. Before they had the chance to ask I made up something.

"I...uh...fell, yeah. And landed on something." I told them, and thank goodness they believed me. Piqué let me borrow some makeup and it covered the bruise for our dance class

The day passed and no one had seemed to notice my bruise, that was, except for Piqué and Lillé. When they saw me this morning, the first thing Lillé did was pinch my cheeks. That drew some unwanted attention to my bruise, thankfully no one else was paying attention to us. The end of the day drew near and I noticed that Fakir still looked a little on edge. As the beginner class started Fakir watched and I could tell that he was ready to protect me if anything were to happen.

We walked home and Autor came with us. An awkward silence filled the air, and you could cut the tension with a knife. Fakir was the first to speak
"Excuse us" he told me as he motioned for Autor to follow. I could hear a small debate between the two of them. I could not make out anything they were saying, but every once and a while Fakir would gesture slightly at me. After what seemed like an eternity they both walked back over. With reluctance Autor spoke
"Duck I'm sorry I hit you. It was wrong and I will not do it again." Autor said. I could tell that Fakir had almost made him do it but it was still nice to hear.
"It's okay, don't worry about it. Anyone would have done the same." I replied and we kept walking. As we arrived at the house we said bye to Autor as he headed for the library. When we entered the house Fakir becomes for me to follow him to his bedroom. We sat down on beds opposite from each other.
"Why were you so concerned when I passed out in class? I mean it's not the first time I have fainted. Heck it happened the night before." I realized that I never told him.
"When you passed out I saw you clutch your head, then you stopped breathing. I thought that I had lost you forever. With, who I now know are my family gone, you are the most important and one of the only things I have left." We stayed silent for a while longer and Fakir sat down on the bed next to mine.
"I will never leave you, Duck, never." My heart warmed and I leaned on Fakir while he wrapped his arm protectively around me. For that instant I felt as if everything was perfect and nothing could ever tear us apart.