Chapter 1: Romance

Y/n= Your name

Y/F/SD= your favorite side dish

Y/F/D= Your favorite drink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's another humid sunny morning in Miami, and I've just woken up from yet another restless slumber. Of course Michael jr. is nowhere to be seen, I think to myself. I walk out of our shared bedroom and into our very petite kitchen that connects the rest of our baleful apartment. Don't get it wrong, I love it here but this place is really tidy...a little too tidy. There's nothing wrong with cleanliness, however from an outsider's glance it looks almost as barren as an open house. I should really get some paintings put in here, I make a mental note to myself. As I reach the counter sitting there is a note, Y/N, I've found a lead on where to get your favorite gum. See ya soon, Dex. If you're thinking this seems a little out of character for a homicidal himbo like Dexter, gum is code word for his next victim (technically the person is a crook, so they have it coming).

I decided to make us each a plate of waffles with a side of y/f/sd. As I started finishing up putting dishes away, I heard 3 knocks at the front door. It was Dexter. I hurriedly set our drinks on the counter and sat on a barstool.

Dex walked in looking exhausted yet satisfied. "Good morning, Zadkiel", I say lullingly. "Really, biblical references," He groaned while sitting next to me. I rolled my eyes, "Zadkiel is the angel of mercy, doofus," I exclaim. "Well that's kind of stupid considering that what I do is punish people," he stated before munching on a waffle. Maple syrup dripped down his chin, he wiped it off with his thumb and licked it off delectably. I feel like I'm the one being punished, I think to myself as I take a sip of y/f/d. "I meant it as you are giving them time to confess before sending them into the afterlife. I was trying to do some kind of literary word play but you ruined," I exclaimed. " Well it seems you've accomplished that all on your own," he chuckled while gulping down some coffee. "Whatever," I say as I start washing our dishes.

Dexter gets up from his seat and walks behind me. Grabbing my waist, he plants his chin on top of my head. I sigh. "Hey, stop acting huffy. I was only kidding, your word play is better than any musician I've ever heard." he said in a neutral tone. I straighten my spine, "First off you rarely, if ever, listen to music. And no, its no that. I didn't sleep well last night." "Look, I'm sorry that I left last night. I was scoping out the guy's route and trying to find a good place to go. And I just..." he rambled on for a minute before I turned and I stopped him. " Look," he stared into my eyes. " I promise it's alright, just wake me up next time and tell me where you're going." We held each other until suddenly he pushed me away, then his phone began to ring. He picked it up and talked with the person a few moments before grabbing his keys. "It was Debb, she said they found another body." We said our goodbyes, and I watched him drive off.

Welp, now it's time for me to have some fun....

To be continued

A/N: This is my first time writing for Dexter and I hope I did a good Job. I wanted to make him more caring towards the reader, but keep his overall impassive personality.