Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
Pic: Jayden Anderson
Jayden's POV

"I'm telling you," I began, "something is wrong with Uncle Nate."

I was talking to my sister, Carly, who was supposed to be in class at that moment.

"I'm sure nothing is wrong," She replied. I could hear someone in the background.

"You didn't see him last night," I argued. "He kept mumbling to himself. I'm really worried about him, Carly."

"Blue Jay, Uncle Nate is fine. We'll go over there today to talk to-shit," she suddenly mumbled. I heard another voice, this time louder. "Okay. Okay. I'm going. Look, Jay, I'll talk to you later. The hall monitor's being a bitch."

I laughed and hung up. Boy am I glad I'm not in high school anymore. But, back to Uncle Nate.

I stopped by his house last night. Every time I would say something he would say 'huh?' and ask me to repeat what I said. I was sure he still didn't know what I was talking about.

He was constantly staring into space and mumbling something about a Kelsey or whatever. I was seriously worried about my uncle.

Drew's POV

My dad's been going crazy over this Nate thing. It's not really surprising. I told Nate my dad falls for people easily, especially when they become a constant presence in his life. I feel bad for my dad, though.

I was looking around the campus quad for my some-what friend Jay. I spotted him under the maple tree in the center of campus. He was talking on the phone, probably to his sister. He hung up shortly after I spotted him.

"Yo, Jay!" I exclaimed as I ran over to him. I plopped down beside him.

"Hey, Drew," he mumbled. He seemed to have a lot on his mind.

"What's going on man?" I asked, not really expecting him to answer. He went on to tell me about his Uncle. I'm not dumb, I could figure out that his Uncle Nate was the same Nate my dad is in love with. I told Jay all that I knew about the situation between Nate and my dad.

"No matter what, Drew, we have to get those two together," he suddenly declared. I looked at him and began to ask if he was serious or crazy. I stopped short as soon as I saw his face. It was the first time I'd ever seen Jay so determined. Hell, this was the most he'd ever talked to anyone other than Kevin and his family. I was lucky enough to get a few mumbled words without Kevin's sister, my best friend Kacy, being around.

"You're right," I agreed with a firm nod. I just hope this won't blow up in our faces.

Nate's POV

How could I be so dense? Why didn't I realize it? How didn't I notice?

I've been working for Kelsey for a few months as his assistant. How couldn't piece together any of this?!

There's no way I'm wrong. Everything fits too perfectly together. I should have known something was wrong when Kelsey suddenly sent me the email about becoming his assistant. I wasn't even qualified to be anyone's assistant to begin with.

I sighed and shook my head. How was I supposed to go through with this date tomorrow? All of what I thought was impossible is suddenly possible? How is that so? Hell, what am I supposed to do now?

I haven't told anyone my speculations although I'm fairly certain they aren't speculations. There is no way I'm wrong about this. Kelsey Manning is "Mr. Top". Therefore Kelsey Manning is Drew's dad, meaning he was one of the men Kevin cheated on me with. And let's face it, Kevin was obviously the bottom. I just, damn. I don't even know what to say. Everything is just...fucked up, for lack of better word.