{2}

(Sankt Lorenz private school) 

It was a misty morning and everybody was waiting outside Sankt Lorenz till first period. 

As Poppy and I entered the Campus I saw Enzo glancing at me with his observing eyes, but then he turned towards his friends. They always stood in the corner, smoking.

Why was he looking at me like this? Somehow that was everything I could think about for the next half hour. Maybe this year will be different. I will defeat him and he will focus on getting wasted and fucking girls and I can be on the top of the class in peace.

Lorenzo, Ash, Blaise, and a bunch of other guys are something like the „popular" friend group, but they tend to keep to themselves. All girls simp for them anyway.  

We walked towards Liam, one of our only close friends. He hugged me tight and I could smell his cologne. We talked a bit before we went inside.

*******************************************************

First Lesson was field hockey and we changed in the girl's locker room into our gym uniform. I was a little nervous because sports aren't in particular my thing, but it turned out to be fun.

"Get changed girls! History starts in 15mins!" I heard Mister Miller scream behind us.

Poppy talked all the way to class about her summer and family in Japan. She is asian and has long black beautiful hair that I've always been jealous of.

Just as the bell rang we arrived at history. There were only two seats left. Poppy chose the one at the back so I had to sit right in front of Lorenzo.
He stared at me.

"What are you starring at." I snapped

„So we aren't in a good mood today, are we Young?"

I ignored him.

Miss Sinister gave us our exams back and I could have sworn you could hear my heart beat out loud.

„Very Good, Miss Young." She said as I got my exam back. I had a 97% and was pretty satisfied.

„What you got?" Enzo asked.

I showed him my result and smirked at him.

"Oh well I only got 98%." he said with his strong british accent leaning back, spreading his legs, and putting his hands behind his neck. His veiny fingers were covered in rings.

„Maybe you would have got 100% if you hadnʼt spend your whole break doing god knows what." Forget everything I said before. This was war. He made my blood boil.

„Jealous?"

„How couldn't I be jealous of perfect little Lorenzo Vanderbilt?"

„Yeah who wouldn't be Young?"

„Oh fuck you Enzo"