Part 2: I don't hate you so much

"That woman is really getting on my nerves." Kuroo spat out angrily, throwing his empty beer can away after he crumbled it in his fist.
"Man, she humiliated you earlier, why can't you admit it?" Bokuto Koutarou, another corporal and Tetsurou's best friend added.
"Fuck off, she could beat you too." He said, then looked up at the sky. "That woman's a brute, and she doesn't seem feminine at all, unlike sergeant Kiyoko."
"Why are you talking about your superiors like that?" A feminine voice was heard behind them.

Kuroo and Bokuto turned around, looking to see a shorter, dark haired female. Sergeant Kiyoko. "Lieutenant Haiba is our commander because she is the best out of all in this company. She worked harder than all of us to get to where she is now. And she is a good person too, so you should stop talking about her like that."
"But ser-" Kuroo tried speaking and was immediately shushed by her.
"I don't want to hear a single thing about it. She did what she had to do because you didn't know how to act with her." And with that, the sergeant left.

After a long talk about God knows what, the two corporals left and Kuroo went to his tent, just to find a familiar figure coming to the tent near him. He stood and saluted her, since he had to. You always salute the superiors, right?
Alisa was walking after her workout session, in a sports bra, shorts and her hair tied up in a messy bun. Her hands were wrapped with badges and she wore a jacket to cover her scars. "No need to salute, corporal. It's no biggie if there ain't any inspections or any important person." She said calmly. "Also, what happened to you? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"
"I could say the same about you, lieutenant."

"It's never too late to work out a little." Alisa admitted, a small smile on her face. "What about you, though, were you there after training as well, or what?"
"No, no. I was only talking to someone, lieutenant."
"Well, since it's never too late to work out, are you down for it? Maybe this way you could learn and dodge something like the thing that happened earlier." The platinum blonde haired woman said, looking up amd down to the taller corporal.

Tetsurou felt a vein popping when he heard that. You cocky bastard, don't you think you're kinda full of yourself?! I can't wait to beat your ass when we spar and show you what I actually can do. He thought, gritting his teeth. The rooster haired male approached the lieutenant, straightened his back and lifted his chin up, giving a threatening vibe. It didn't surprise the Lieutenant, since she didn't flinch a little and instead she just did the same, her bicolored eyes targeting his hazel eyes with a hunger for fighting. "I'm down for a small sparing match with you, Lieutenant Haiba."

"That's great!" She said, gripping his wrist and dragging him to a field that was hidden by trees. That field would be used by Alisa from now on as her little gym and training ground. When she got there, Alisa let go of Kuroo's wrists. She smirked, as she took off her jacket. Once she took it off, her Body (besides her chest) was exposed. Her well built yet somehow tender body was covered in all sorts of scars, which got Kuroo's eyes to soften a little. She really went through a lot, huh... Maybe those rumors were true. Poor girl... Wait, don't feel bad for her! He thought. Kuroo smirked as he got into his position, looking at her.

"I'm ready when you are, lieutenant. That's if you're not scared and want to back awa-" He wanted to say cockily, but he woke up on the ground, with Alisa holding his arm and her legs tangled aroung it. He was caught in a triangle choke before he could even realize it. "Keep your thoughts on the fight, idiot." Alisa said on a deep, cold and threatening tone. Her voice was sharp, enough to cut through his heart with her tone. "You're losing focus and it shows."

"I-I'll lose consciousness t-too if you keep me i-in the choke!" Kuroo wheezed while his face turned slightly blue. "Oh, my bad!" Alisa replied innocently, letting him go. How the fuck was she changing her moods so fast? It was a small, concerning thing for the corporal. He took a small break to recover gis breath, and meanwhile he was looking at the lieutenant.

Alisa was still training, hitting a punching bag she brought with her continuously. The tall male was analyzing her, shocked by her skills. He truly understood why was she the commander, and he understood why did she have the scars she has. She went through hell and survived it. She's something else. After he got his breath back, Tetsurou got up and walked to her. "Okay... I am done with catching my breath. I can do it now."

Alisa smiled, patting his shoulder. "So... Are you ready to actually train, and not try to whoop my ass?" She giggled a bit, her hair falling in front of her face. She blowed the hair in from her face and then looked at him with a soft, brightened face. It shocked Kuroo to see their tensed, smug and cocky bastard of a commander like this, but he went with it.

"How did you know?"
"It's easy to read people after you've been in wars, and are in an actual war with aliens at the moment as well."
Hearing that made the corporal chuckle. He didn't really expect to chuckle from something their "vixen of a commander" said, but there he was. "Okay, okay, I get it. Well, what can you teach me?"

"Everything you don't know. And that's a lot~" She teased, laughing a bit. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Alisa commented, making the male roll his eyes sarcastically. "Okay, okay, now can we start the whatever we're gonna do here? Or will you keep making fun of me until I leave."

"Nah, making fun of you only with talking isn't fun." She smirked, teasing him once again. Alisa then had a long, sparing and teacheing (sort of) class with Kuroo, and after two hours it was already three am and they were both sweaty and tired. The two people walked back to their tents, talking about God knows what. They took a shower and after a bit, Kuroo and Alisa met again to talk.

"You're telling me that you used to do that while fighting?"
"Yeah, and whoever lost the bet would be doing whatever the winner says!"
"No way!" Kuroo said in shock, his smile widening.
"Yeah, trust me, it was crazy." She spoke, smiling.

After a bit of silence after their laugh, Kuroo looked at Alisa softly. She looked back at him, and gave him a gentle smile. They both raised their fists and bumped them, while the whole aura and vibe of the scenery was different. If the mood earlier was funny, loud and chaotic, now it's serious, calm and relaxed.
"I guess... you're not that bad after all, lieutenant."
"I can say the same about you as well, Tetsurou."

And this is how they slowly started building their friendship. Lots of bets, fights together, sparing matches, teasing and making fun of each other, they slowly grew closer and closer. Alisa would always come into his tent to annoy the corporal, and he'd do the same sometimes, they grew a strong bond in a year, and it became pretty noticeable.

Sergeant Kiyoko would always try to smack some sense into the rooster haired male, but to no avail, since the competition between him and their lieutenant would be growing stronger and stronger. It was so fired up sometimes that they were even making Kiyoko join them, since Alisa always loved spending time with her too, and making the raven haired woman smile wouldn't be such a bad thing from time to time.