Chapter One

"Who broke the lamp?!" dad (Jack Skellington) asked. "umm" My siblings and I all pointed at each other. My dad sighed and said "I know somebody is lying" I decided to take the blame even though it was my little siblings. "I did dad" I said bravely. "Well thank you for being honest, please be more carful next time. That lamp was from my home town." "Yes sir, sorry dad" I apologized "It's okay, anyway, your mother wants to go and pick some deadly nightshade for Halloween and put it in people's dishes, strange enough but it's you mother so we gotta." "Why do we have to again? Don't get me wrong I love deadly night shade as much as the next girl and probably got that liking from her, but, why?" "Cause if not she'll slip some in my food." He laughed. "well" he continued "Let's get going" "Yay" my siblings whooped.

(later)

We werewalking through the town and the bat boy < as we call him, came up to me andsaid "Hi Shonika!" "Hi" I replied "Watcha doing?" "Just going with my family togo get...something." "Oh okay, well see you around." "Bye" I said "Bye" heresponded. I looked at my dad and he gestured me to hurry along with them so Iran to them. "hey dad" "yes?" he responded. "Who's gonna be the next pumpkinruler?" I asked. "Well it's usually the only child, but you're the first tohave siblings in the Skellington bloodline" "Wow" I said in amazement. "But theOldest has to be the pumpkin ruler, so since you have siblings and you're theoldest you will be the next pumpkin queen." He finished. "Wow, that's a lot toprocess." I said "Right, I had to hear more than that from my father at ayounger age than you." Wow, I wasthinking,Shonika Skellington The Pumpkin Queen!