IV

Walking alone along the platform, trying to dodge the overexcited first years, but at the same time trying to find a familiar face has proved to be a challenge that I didn't think I could manage.
This is actually the first time I haven't been joined by my parents, my mother having had to go into hiding, leaving me to deal with everything by myself.
Alphard actually offered to help me, seeing as the Black family gave up on the idea of me. Too bad since he vowed to protect me, I thought to myself.

"Y/n!" I heard a squeal behind me. Just as I turned around, the girl jumped on me, wrapping me in the biggest hug.
"Andy! I've missed you so much!" I closed my eyes for a few seconds, feeling how much we needed the other.
"I'm so sorry about your father..." She whispered in my hair, making me smile sadly.
"Where's Cissy?" I asked her as we pulled away. She gestured towards the train.
"I think she's found us a carriage." I opened my mouth to ask her something else, but no words came out as I made eye contact with the one and only Regulus Black. We haven't spoken ever since we vowed, due to the disagreement over what I asked of him.
I might have watched him for too long, because Andromeda noticed my eyes have been fixed on something else, so she tried to find what took over my attention.
"Who are you look at- Wait! You're not looking at Reg, are you?" She asked incredulously. I turned quickly, my eyes widening. "Why would you-" She continued, but I shushed her.
"-It's complicated... I'll tell you when we're alone." She gasped loudly, her eyes lighting up.
"It's true, then!" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head disappointingly. "I thought Cis was taking the piss when she told me."
"Yes... It's as true as it can be..." Her eyes didn't once leave mine."
"But how-"
"-Please, Andy, drop it for now."

__________________

     Checking every single carriage in order to find Narcissa took us longer than we thought, and pretty awkward as well. A lot of apologies and horrified glances were exchanged as we opened the doors on some students too horny to wait until they got to Hogwarts.
     "Finally!" I sighed as I opened the door, finding Cissy dropping the book she had been reading as she heard my voice.
     "Merlin, Y/n! You've got prettier- is that even possible?" She gushed, her eyes scanning every single feature on my face.
     "Glamor charms do that to you." I laughed, shrugging at their confused faces.
     "I'm incredibly sorry about your loss, Y/n. You must miss him like crazy, I know how close the two of you were..." I nod, my eyes scanning the carriage, studying the way the red wallpaper complimented the brown wood. I sat down in between Cissy and Andy, both of them waiting for me to say something- to change the subject.
     "How- Why Regulus?" Andy's voice made me raise my head towards her.
     "His family can offer me what I need- now that father is gone."
     "What do you mean? What can they offer you that you don't have already?" It was Narcissa's turn to be confused. Just as I was about to answer, the carriage door opened, revealing Lucius Malfoy and Regulus. Why did everyone have long hair now? Did I miss something?
     "Narcissa! Would you mind joining me for a few minutes?" She blushed, looking at us, silently asking if we approved. I smiled, teasing her.
     "Only if you bring her back before we get to Hogsmeade."
     "Oh, stop it!" She muttered, standing up and leaving with him. Regulus kept his eyes on me, studying me, watching as I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to say something.
     "Do you need anything?" I finally question when I figured that he wasn't going to say anything.
     "I want to talk."
     "Then talk."
     "Alone." He turned towards Andromeda, waiting for her to leave us.
     "I'm sorry, but this is our carriage- I don't have anywhere else to go." Regulus thought about her words for a few seconds, before opening the door again and gesturing for me to join him.

_________________

     Just as we found an empty carriage I sat down, looking at him and waiting for him to say something. He sat across from me, his elbows resting on his legs.
     "What was that?"
     "I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged, raising my hand so I could study my manicure.
     "You made me vow something- something outrageous! Do you know who I am? Who my family is?"
     "Sadly I do."
     "You said you had no other choice- what did that mean?"
     "I thought you knew... Voldemort-"
     "-don't say his name." He shuddered, making me raise my eyebrows at his reaction.
     "That cunt needed my father, so he tried literally everything to get him to join. Obviously, my beloved father wasn't convinced by his propaganda- which is completely understandable, if you ask me- and now he can't watch his daughter live her life in safety, because shortly she'll be cornered by Death Eaters- you know, to continue the shit he started." I finish, laughing dryly as his eyes were trained on mine.
     "Why does the Dark Lord need you?" I shrug, trying to find a good enough explanation that wouldn't give my secret away.
     "Maybe I'm such a powerful witch-"
     "Cut the crap, Y/n."
     "Is that any way of speaking with your future wife?" I teased him, watching as his shoulders tensed at my words. "If you don't have anything else you want to talk about, I'll go back." I stand up, my arm reaching to pull the door open.
     "Wait-" He stands up just as his hand wraps around my wrist.
     "Don't touch me." I raise my tone, but it was too late. I cry out as pain courses through my veins. My vision blurs as tears make their way down my face. I see darkness- scenes that make the pain even worse.
     Regulus' forehead creases in worry, pulling me to sit next to him. As I sit down, his hand leaves mine, the pain stopping at once.
     I gasp out, my hands rapidly covering my face in an attempt to dry my tears, so that he couldn't see them.
     "What-"
     "It's nothing." I exhale shakily, trying to even my breath.
     "That wasn't nothing, Y/n. Did I do that to you?"
     "No." I answer truthfully, quicker than I intended. The confusion in his eyes mixed with worry as he watched me. I sighed, it was time to tell him. "It's a curse my father passed down to me. Whenever I touch someone I feel their greatest pain."
     "But we touched when we vowed and you were fine."
     "No, I wasn't. I had to hide it so no one would figure it out, but right now it was way too hard to..."
     "How can I help you? Will I never be able to touch you?"
     "You can't help me. In time, I'll get used to your pain and you'll be able to." He shook his head.
     "You shouldn't have to get used to anyone's pain." He shook his head, his eyes turning a light shade of blue.
     "If I don't I'll never be able to touch anyone." I shrug.
     "Is that why he needs you?" I nod, choosing not to add anything else. He understood everything I needed him to and I was grateful he gave me my own space to deal with it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: We're getting some action between the reader and Regulus!! Hope you enjoyed it!!