chapter one.

__________________________________

I WAS STUCK on a small boat. I had been captured and my family had been killed. I was all alone.

I didn't know why or what was going on but I was being kept on a small boat all by myself, there were no others, only me.

I was given only five dresses to pick from and I picked the dark grey one. It was the only color close enough to black so that I could respectfully mourn my family.

I got to each whatever I wanted but I didn't even feel like standing up. My mother hid me in our secret room expecting to keep me hidden long enough to resolve things with my kidnappers. She cried and begged and I heard it all yet she couldn't stop four men twice her size from destroying the house and taking me.

Once my father got home he begged form me to be released but he was too late. After having enough of begging and just wanting the job to be done the men who took me decided to brutally kill my father.

I didn't see it happen but I heard it all. My mother yelled while my father begged for them to stop. I was so confused and frightened that if I were to say one word that i'd be killed next.

I didn't get to say goodbye to my sister Helena or my mother for they were too scared to talk and too afraid of death.

I was pushed on this boat and given many books to keep me entertained but each thing they gave me only made me sad. My father educated me and my sister and gave us the best he could with the little amount of money he made.

I only learned four languages and knew how to speak three languages. I could speak fluent Spanish and English, and of course Greek, but I could write and read Turkish and Russian perfectly.

I kept hearing the men speak in Turkish and talk about how much money they'd be making after this job was finished with which only made me even more curious as to where I was going and who hired these killer men.

It all confused me and I was very curious but I didn't really want to know because no matter where I was going it wasn't back home where I belong...

DAYS PASSED and I was still stuck on this boat.

I heard footsteps over top of my head and many loud voices but I didn't pay attention to much of what they were talking about.

Every day I spent on this boat I cried myself to sleep. My head hurts and my tears fell even more and more.

I sat up on the very uncomfortable bed I was told to sleep on and I looked around at my surroundings. It had been the first time since I've been on this can't that I've been able to truly look around at the place I was weeping each day in.