Hogwarts

By the time the Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade the five first years were sprawled out in the compartment with candy wrappers and chocolate frog cards around them already wearing their robes.

They stuffed left over sweets into their pockets before they left the train following the calls for first years towards the boats. Juliet was about to board a boat with three girls before James pulled her back. 

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you."

Cue the snorts.

"Knowing you, you'll probably tip the boat over or something." 

Sirius and Remus exchanged a glance.

She pulled her arm free from James and followed the girls onto one of the boats. James turned back to the boys, Peter and Remus now looking weary after Juliet's words.

"Well come on then!" Sirius pulled them onto the next boat where they sat down. They were about halfway across the lake before James and Sirius got restless.

"Let's see if we can find the giant squid!" James exclaimed looking over the edge, Sirius joining him.

"They're going to tip the boat over aren't they?" Someone muttered.

Suddenly James stood up pointing at something over the edge. "I saw something!" He yelled, tugging on Sirius' arm.

"Guys your going to-" Remus was cut off when their movement flipped the boat, the four of them spluttering as they were lurched into the water. "tip the boat." He finished with a sigh.

The hall was filled with laughter watching the scene.

From the next boat over Juliet rolled her eyes as she struggled to keep her laughter at bay. "I knew it!"

James rolled his eyes in Juliet's direction as they clambered back into the boat, their robes dripping.

"You four all righ'?" Hagrid called from the front. When James called back in affirmative the boats began to move again.

"They stopped the boats for you?" Someone asked in surprise.

"Of course they did!" Sirius scoffed. "We were amazing! Still am amazing actually."

This got an eye roll from Remus.

They got to the boathouse without anymore trouble. They followed Hagrid up to the castle where he knocked on the door and they were greeted by Professor McGonagall. 

"The firs' years Professor McGonagall," Said Hagrid before he left, leaving McGonagall to lead them to a small chamber off the hall. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts. The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Griffindor,"

Cue cheering from the Gryffindors, 

"Hufflepuff,"

Cue cheering from the Hufflepuffs,

"Ravenclaw,"

Cue cheering from the Ravenclaws,

"and Slytherin."

Cue cheering from the Slytherins.

"Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule breaking will lose you house points."