|| Regret ||

Tigerclaw stalked the red-tailed deputy through the shadows of the trees. Redtail, the deputy of Thunder Clan. He was weak and took pity on enemy clans, not even putting up a fight. He sneered, Tigerclaw would make a better deputy then him anyways! He lashed his tail against the wet grass he stood on.

He leapt at Redtail, pushing all his weight onto the smaller warrior. "Tigerclaw? What are you doing!" he hissed.

Tigerclaw kept quiet, digging his claws into the deputy's fur. Redtail hissed, trying to lift the bigger tom off him. Tigerclaw then bit into his neck, drawing blood instantly. Redtail yowled, unsheathing his claws into the rock he laid on. He didn't even put up a fight! In a few seconds, the tom fell limp, and Tigerclaw made sure the tom was dead.

Tigerclaw's eyes widened, realizing what he had just done. Guilt washed over him as he flattened his ears. He heard noise coming from a bush, and turned to see yellow eyes disappearing into the darkness. Ravenpaw! Tigerclaw thought. He had to kill Ravenpaw. But was he about to kill another cat in the same day? It felt so wrong to him now, he though killing could bring him success, but he now knows he was incredibly wrong.

He picked up Redtail and took him to camp as fast as possible, hoping to beat Ravenpaw, but he knew he couldn't by now. As he entered camp, everyone gasped. Not at him carrying the deputy he had killed, but carrying their dead deputy. Everyone was saddened, and Tigerclaw couldn't help but fear what Ravenpaw would do. As the cats mourned, Tigerclaw laid next to the fallen deputy. Redtail was Tigerclaw's uncle, he had just killed his own uncle. How would Spottedleaf feel? Or Willowpelt? If they found out, they would be furious, ripping him to shreds in a single paw swipe.

Tigerclaw pressed his muzzle into the fallen deputy's dappled pelt, until he heard the call of a clan meeting. He knew it was a deputy ceremony, and almost thought of not attending, but Darkstripe pushed him there anyways.

"What's got your tail in a knot? Your gonna be deputy Tigerclaw!" Darkstripe raised his tail.

I don't want to be deputy. Is what Tigerclaw was about to say, but he kept his mouth shut. He realized Darkstripe was waiting for an answer.
"Well of course, I avenged out deputy, after all! Those fish-eaters won't be competing back." Tigerclaw flexed his claws, trying to sound as confident as possible.

"The pass of Redtail had affected all of us, and Star Clan knows he wouldn't made a fine leader. But I must pick a new deputy as soon as possible." Bluestar, their leader, stated.

Mummers of cats rang though Tigerclaw's ears, saying he'd probably become deputy. Tigerclaw wished they didn't say that, yet hoped they had jinxed it.

"Lionheart, your a noble and powerful cat, it would be an honor for you to serve as our deputy." Bluestar locked eyes with the golden deputy.

"I will." Lionheart proudly meowed.

"Then by the power of Star Clan, I hope they approve of my choice, Lionheart will be the new deputy of Thunder Clan." Bluestar purred as cats yowled his name. Some cats still thought Tigerclaw would be a better fit, but he didn't mind.

"Bluestar is mouse-brained for not choosing you." Darkstripe hissed, pulling his head back.

"I think she made a good choice, Lionheart is many moons older than me." Tigerclaw calmly said. Darkstripe just stared at him. "I— Uh— I'm heading to bed."

"You havn't ate yet!" Darkstripe yowled as Tigerclaw skidded away to the warriors den. He huffed, taking some fresh kill.

Tigerclaw curled into his nest, nesting his eyes until he fell sleep.