Chapter 12 - The Relay

YOUR POV

We all run to my house in search for Haru to tell him about the relay.

"Haru!!" Nagisa shouts as he looks in the kitchen.

"Hey, Haru you up here?" Makoto shouts as he walks into the bathroom.

"He isn't here." Makoto said as he walked down.

"Y/n, do you possibly know where he is?" Gou asked.

"He didn't say anything, so no." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Maybe we can call him!" Nagisa grabs his phone and calls Haru, but it goes to voicemail.

"Hey, Haru! This is Nagisa-

"So, Haru, I may have signed you all up for the relay, tomorrow, I'm so sorry! Gou shouts into the phone after cutting off Nagisa.

"Haru, please answer this because if we can win the relay, we can go regionals!" Nagisa said snatching the phone back from Gou.

"Uh... guys. I feel like I should probably tell you, Haru doesn't even bring his cell phone with him, it's right here!" I said.

Nagisa, Gou, and Rei instantly frowned at your statement.

"Hey, I'll stay here guys, if Haru comes back, I'll tell him about the relay." Makoto said.

"Alright. See you later, Mako!" Nagisa said.

"Yeah. Bye!" Gou said.

"Bye." Rei said.

"So, you hungry?" I asked.

"Nah. I'm fine. I'm just gonna wait here for Haru." Makoto explained.

"Alright then." I said.

I went to the kitchen and took out a piece of milk bread from the pantry. Then I walked back to where Makoto was and took a seat next to him.

"Well then, I guess I'll join you." I said as I eat the piece of milk bread.

-LATE THAT NIGHT-

Haru walks inside to see Makoto and I sleeping on the floor. Myself sleeping on Makoto shoulder, and Makoto holding Haru's phone.

Haru grabbed the phone and saw a voicemail. He hit play and listened to the chaos of a voicemail we left.

"Hey, Haru! This is Nagisa-

"So, Haru, I may have signed you all up for the relay, tomorrow, I'm so sorry! Gou shouts into the phone after cutting off Nagisa.

"Haru, please answer this because if we can win the relay, we can go regionals!" Nagisa said snatching the phone back from Gou.

"Uh... guys. I feel like I should probably tell you, Haru doesn't even bring his cell phone with him, it's right here!" I said.

BEEPS...

The voicemail ended, and Haru tapped on Y/n's shoulder, "Y/n? Y/n-n? Wake up?" Haru whispered.

I eventually woke up, "Huh? h-Haru?"

"I'll do the relay." Haru said.

My eyes widened,"w-What?" She then turned to Makoto and shook him awake.

'Wake up Mako!!! Haru said he's doing the relay!!!" I shouted as I vigorously shook Makoto.

"Wait- what? Really? Makoto asked in a tired tone.

-NEXT MORNING-

THIRD POV

The phone buzzes, and Nagisa tries to grab it still half-alsleep.