Chapter 24

Diamonds POV

Today was the day. We'd packed all our bags and were ready to head for a fun few weeks in Italy. Mum and dad were forcing fake tears from their eyes to try and cover up their excitement at a couple weeks of being alone together. Cue eye roll.

"Guess you finally get to see your bae again," All of a sudden I was being shaken violently like some sort of bobble head toy.

"Are you kidding?! It's been like 2 years since I last saw his perfect face..." she sighed dreamily after she got bored of giving me brain damage.

"Gurll...I swear they only left like three weeks ago? And weren't you on FaceTime with him for all of last night?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Okay I was just saying...damn everybody really trying me these days."

"Nobody is trying you, you're just all up in people's business sometimes." We boarded the plane and got settled down for the short journey. "So what's up with you and Mr Sexy?"

"...Who dat?"

"One that got the same name as that leng guy from that TV show 'Black Lightening',"

"Oh you mean Lala? How you forget his name already? It's been two minutes since you man met."

"Two minutes?! Bro it's been like half a year, stop playing,"

"You know that it's been like a month, at best."

"Look at you tryna pull fancy language on me and shit. I always knew you would betray me someday."

"What?- you know what I can't be bothered right now. But yeah we're doing all right."

"Just alright?"

"Yea."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Cool."

"Okay..." Sapph was being bare weird about the situation and I really couldn't understand why she was acting like that.

"Okay so why are you acting like that?"

"Like what?" This girl was really trying to play dumb with me. Her best friend/ sister/ partner in crime / worst enemy.

We'll talk about the enemy thing another time.

After a couple seconds of intense staring she finally cracked and said what was on her mind.

"It's just... is that who you wanna be with? I mean you just seems like you're not enjoying the relationship as much as you should be. Do you even see yourself with him a year from now?"

"I mean....he's leng though," To be honest I don't think I had ever thought about a future with Lala. It was always date this or date that. But we never really had those deep and serious conversations on our dates. I wanted to be with someone who I could do that with. Someone I could trust as much as they trusted me. Was that even there with Latavious?

"Just think about that." Hold up, when did Sapph become good at advice? She really slammed down an uno reverse card on our conversations.

For the rest of the flight, we caught up with each other's lives and since she had become so wrapped up with her man, we realised that we hadn't gone out in such a long time. We made plans to go clubbing out in Italy to make up for the time we'd lost. And there was a lot of time.

Finally landing in the land of pasta and pizza, we went to the baggage carousel thingy and proceeded to get into a fight with someone attempting to take our suitcases. Turns out it's wasn't even ours and somebody lost a tooth for nothing. What a sad day.

We got into the cars waiting for us and drove off to meet the boys family home. 45 long minutes later, we arrived at the mansion and had our bags carried in by the some of the guards. Knocking, the door was opened suspiciously quickly and revealed a young looking woman who was practically Shae's twin.

"Hello you guys must be Sapphire and Diamond. Come in! I've waited so long to meet you both."

She squeezed us in possibly one of the tightest hugs I'd ever been in, then let go, permitting us oxygen, and led us into what seemed to be the living room. "Boys! Get your asses down here right now!" Thudding footsteps were heard as someone bursts into the room.

"What is it mum you know I was-," T paused mid sentence and froze as he noticed who was in the room. "Mi amour," Sapph ran towards him and like something out of a movie he caught her mid air and spun her in circles. But... how-?

Shaking my head, I decided not to interrupt the moment and turned to see someone else had entered the room. Shae had changed in a way a normal person wouldn't be able to spot right away. However I could. Ok show off. I scoffed at my own brain.

My eyes locked onto his and we stared at each other for what seemed eternity but was actually a few seconds. Our story was not a movie like the two lovebirds next to us. He nodded at me and I nodded back before a small smile formed on my face. Same old, same old.

He gestured to leave and seeing the others in a heated make out session, I grimaced and quickly followed him up. He led me to a beautiful guest room which somehow had all my bags already inside. I thanked him and turned to check out my new room. Faintly I heard him whisper something. "I'm glad you're here."

He walked out, shutting the door behind him and only then I allowed my self to fully smile.

"Me too."

Sorry for the long wait. I'm feeling better now so I will start updating like usual again x