Prologue

Few people want to be a Half-Blood. In the beginning, it may be fun, being a child of a God and all, but when you get used to it, it is horrible. Being a Half-Blood is scary and dangerous. You can get killed or tortured or locked up, because of it. Many Half-Bloods have big dreams, and few achieve them.

My name's Y/n Luna Hunter and unfortunately, I'm a Half-Blood.

My mother and is Artemis, who is also my godly parent. I know, 'but she's a virgin and asexual!' yeah, now, but let me tell you what happened.

Before I was born, my mother, Artemis, met a mortal woman called Elizabeth Hunter, or, my mum. They became great friends and soon after, fell in love. They both wanted kids, so Artemis found a solution. She asked her father, Zeus, for a blessing. He didn't want to agree at first, but she blackmailed him by threatening to tell everyone he had broken the oath. 

I will not lie. Artemis knew Zeus had broken the oath before anyone else, and yet kept to herself,I case she had to blackmail him. That is one of the many reasons I love her.

Zeus didn't like it that she blackmailed him but still gave Artemis a blessing, meaning one of them would be pregnant. He didn't tell her that my mortal mum would die, slowly, but painlessly. That's what you get when you mess with the father of the Gods.

On November 9th of 1993, I was born.

Artemis was raging when she found out that her lover was sick with an unknown disease, knowing Zeus had something to do with it. She complained to him and again, threatened to tell everyone, but Zeus threatened back saying he would kill me if she told a soul, living or dead. 

On June 24th of 1994, Elizabeth Marie Hunter died.

Artemis could not take care of me. She had duties in Mount Olympus, to who she couldn't handle being both a mother and a Goddess, so she left me in an orphanage, in the care of a satyr called Grover Underwood. 

When I was seven Grover told me I was a demigod. We escaped the orphanage since he said he needed to get me to a place called 'Camp Half-Blood'. On our way to camp, we came across Thalia Grace, Luke Castellan and Annabeth Chase, who join us to camp.

On our way, we were chased by monsters sent by Hades, who was still furious and bitter about Zeus's murder of his lover, hoping to kill Thalia. 

Furthermore, Grover took some wrong turns on the way and led us into an abandoned mansion, which was a Cyclops lair. The Cyclopes separated us, capturing everyone except me. After wandering around, I managed to find the place where the Cyclops was keeping Thalia, Luke, Annabeth and Grover, who were all hanging over a pot.

The Cyclops tried to lure me to him by imitating Annabeth's voice, but instead of going to the voice and getting captured as well, I stabbed him hard in the foot, which startled him, and untied Thalia, who then took care of everything else.

Despite our escape, we were delayed long enough for a pack of Hellhounds and all three Furies to catch up to them. We couldn't outrun them, so Thalia decided to stay behind so that Annabeth, Luke, Grover and I could make it safely to Half-Blood Hill. 

While Thalia held back Hades' approaching army with her Aegis shield, Luke was forced to lead Annabeth and I, who were both crying, to Camp Half-Blood. As Thalia was dying surrounded by monsters, Zeus took pity on his daughter and turned her into a pine tree.

Not a day had passed since I arrived to Camp Half-Blood and I was already claimed by Artemis.

Annabeth and I became closer than sisters over the next years. I would go over to her cabin daily, or she would come to mine, and we would read, talk or I would teach her Spanish and she would teach me Greek.

Annabeth and I were ten years old when we heard the Great Prophecy. We would both have constant nightmares about it because Chiron told us that we would have a part to play. Every time a new camper came to Camp Half-Blood, we wondered if they were "the one," even if none of them were children of the Big Three.

Things are about to go even more loco in here...