♡Rainy visit ~ Tanjiro one-shot♡

It was gloomy day, the storm raging outside your home causing a loud but some what comforting pitter-patter against your windows, you thought it would be best to just bundle yourself up in blankets and read a good book since there was no hope of going outside to train or even relax in the sun that was now hidden behind the dark clouds that cascaded across the sky.

After an hour of reading and just enjoying the sound of calming rain, you heard a knock at your door. Curious with who on earth would be visting when its pouring outside, you opened it. Only to find tanjiro there, dripping wet, and shaking violently.

"Huh? Tanjiro what are you doing here? It's pouring outside!"

He just gave you a kind smile, his arms tightly wrapped around his body to try and keep some sort of heat, his teeth chattering loudly,

"I-i wanted to see you..."

You sighed, you couldn't help but feel a bit flustered at his words. You quickly took his hand and dragging him inside, sitting him down at the kitchen table. Frowning a bit at the now soaked floor, making a mental note to clean it later when things where sorted out(which you never did).

"Stay here, I'll get you some dry clothes and some towels to dry off with, you goof."

You quickly shuffled away to grab what you needed from the laundry room.  immediately coming back to give said items to him, Tanjiro thanking you before taking the towel and clothes. He started drying himself off the best he could before heading towards the bathroom to change. You decided it'd be a good idea to make some tea for him so that it would maybe help with the inevitable cold he would be getting in the near future.

After awhile the tea was done and tanjiro was out of the bathroom, bundled in the blankets you had moments before,

"Tanjiro, how do you feel?"

He smiled once again, answering with a shake in his voice.

"I f-feel fine. Just abit cold."

He smiled up at you, only to end up sneezing. You shook your head, sitting next to him, putting the box of tissues on your lap.

"Obviously, that's why you shouldn't be out in the cold, especially when its raining cats and dogs." The red-head took a tissue graciously, blowing his nose before throwing the tissue away. Resting his head on your shoulder.

"But it's worth it if I get to spend time with you,"

You smiled, wrapping your arms around his body. Resting against the arm of the couch for abit of support. As you both lay there, in each other's warm embrace. It was comforting, and warm. like nothing could ever hurt you, as if the world was now safe...and for that sliver of time, it was.

(A/N)
A big thanks to my wonderful friend rogue for helping me edit this thing! I had horrible writing skills today and she ended up helping me get it done in a single day, so big shout out to you rogue. Love ya! 💖