☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ☀︎︎

•three days later•

Zach was waiting at the airport for Jack, his flight had just landed to Zach was waiting for him to exit the plane.

The nerves in Zach's stomach swirled as he watched dozens of people exit the plane at once. His eyes swarmed through the group of people, trying to find the man he loves.

As soon as they made eye contact, Zach started running to Jack. He jumped into his arms and held onto him tightly. Jack held Zach up by his bum and rocked back and forth.

"I missed you so much," Jack mumbled into Zach's shoulder.

"I missed you too," Zach replied. Jack put Zach back on the ground and they pecked their lips together a couple times. "I'm sorry for the argument I caused."

"It's okay love, I understand where it came from," Jack said, gently caressing Zach's cheek. Zach placed his hand over Jack's on his cheek, smiling sadly at him.

"I know, I just felt the need to apologize in person."

"holy shit I love you," Jack said softly. Jack leaned forward to put his forehead against Zach's. They heard flashes from the cameras of paparazzi all around them, but they didn't care. "Let's go home."

Zach pulled away and held onto Jack's hand before they walked out of the airport.

•at home•

Zach helped Jack bring in his bags. As soon as they entered the house Jack was brought into a hug by Jonah.

"Hey Jack," Jonah welcomed.

"Hey," Jack replied. When they pulled away Jack hugged Corbyn and Daniel.

"How are you doing?" Corbyn asked.

"I'm alright, I miss her but she's in a better place," Jack explained with a sad smile and nod. Corbyn just nodded and smiled at him. "I uh, I should go unpack." Jack began walking towards the stairs, Zach following. "Oh, uh, can I unpack alone?" Jack asked Zach.

"Of course, let me know if you need me," Zach answered with a soft smile. Jack just nodded before taking his bag from Zach and walking upstairs. As soon as he was all the way upstairs, Zach turned to the other guys, who looked just as confused as him. "So I haven't seen him in 5 days, and he doesn't want help unpacking. Something's up," Zach commented.

"Definitely. He usually can't be without you for more than a few minutes," Daniel said. Zach just shrugged.

"I'll talk to him later about it, for now let's go swimming, I need something to do."

The other guys agreed before changing into the swimsuits that were hanging out to dry and heading to the back. Zach dove into the pool, feeling refreshed from the cool water. It had been hot in LA recently, which was odd considering it was nearing November. When he came up from the water he felt someone else jump in, he turned and saw it was Corbyn.

They swam around for a bit before deciding to play basketball. They did 1v1 because Daniel and Jonah were talking on the tanning beds.

As they were playing, Corbyn accidentally pushed Zach, causing his shoulder to bang against the hard concrete wall. He stopped playing and winced at the pain, bringing his hand to his left shoulder.

"Aye bro, you good?" Corbyn asked, tossing the ball somewhere in the pool.

"That hurt like a bitch," Zach mumbled.

"Turn around, let me see," Corbyn said. Zach turned so Corbyn had a good view of his shoulder. "It's really scratched up, does it feel like anything is dislocated?"

"No, it just hurts," Zach said, wincing when Corbyn touched it gently.

"Let's get out and get you an ice pack, I'm sure it'll just bruise a bit but then it'll be all good."

Corbyn helped Zach out of the pool and they walked over to their towels.

"What happened?" Jonah asked.

"I slammed against the wall and banged my shoulder," Zach answered.

"Oh shit, are you ok?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine. I'm just going to get an ice pack." Zach dried off before walking inside with Corbyn. He got an ice pack and held it with his right hand on his left shoulder.

"You good?" Corbyn asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine. Thank you."

Jack came down the stairs and looked over at Zach and Corbyn together. Corbyn was touching his shoulder and they were both smiling. Jack raised an eyebrow before walking over to them, that was when he noticed the ice pack.

"What happened?" He asked.

"We were playing basketball and Corbyn accidentally pushed me into the side of the pool, but I'm okay," Zach explained, smiling softly at his boyfriend. Jack just nodded, not changing his dull expression. He walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a glass, filling it with water before walking back upstairs.

Zach and Corbyn exchanged looks.

"I'm going to talk to him," Zach said. Corbyn just nodded. Zach put the ice pack away then walked upstairs and to their bedroom, he was about to enter until he heard soft cries. He decided to knock. "Jack, love? Can I come in?"

After there was no reply, he walked into the bedroom. He frowned when he saw Jack curled up under the blankets. Zach closed the door then went over to the side of the bed that Jack was on. He crouched in front of the bed and gently caressed Jack's face, making eye contact with his teary eyes.

"Bubba, what's wrong?" Zach asked softly. Jack sniffled as he tried to now hold in his cries. "It's okay, you're allowed to cry honey." Zach sent him a soft smile, gently rubbing this thumb back and forth on his cheek, right in front of his ear. "Can you sit up?"

Jack just nodded before sitting up. Zach crouched in front of him and held both of his hands. "Talk to me, what's going on?" Zach asked softly.

"I-I've been trying so hard to stay strong," Jack said before sniffling. "B-But I really miss my grandma. She was the only one there for me for the first little while after I came out, and she was really special to me, Y'know?"

Zach just nodded with a small frown.

"I know it's hard, you're so strong," Zach replied quietly.

"Can I have a hug?"

"Of course." Zach stood up and Jack did as well before Zach pulled the older boy into a hug. Jack cried softly into Zach's shoulder, and Zach just held him, trying his best to comfort him.

The pair stayed in the hug for another five minutes or so before pulling away. Zach smiled sadly at his boyfriend and wiped away his tears.

"I love you," Zach whispered.

"I love you too, I'm sorry for pushing you away when I got home," Jack replied.

"It's okay, I understand," Zach said. "If you ever need me I'm right here, okay?"

"Okay, thank you."

"Of course. Do you want some alone time or do you want to cuddle?"

"Cuddling sounds really nice," Jack said, a small smile forming on his face.

"Okay, I'm just going to change first, then we can cuddle. You get in bed."

Jack nodded before laying under the covers. Zach grabbed a pair of jogging pants, boxers, and a t shirt from the closet and changed into them before laying down with Jack. Jack put his head on Zach's chest and the younger boy ran his fingers through his hair.

"Will you be okay?" Zach asked softly.

"Mhm, as long as you stay with me."

"Always."