Chapter Twelve: Friends Like Them (Part I)

****The Gardens****

Surprisingly, the luncheon had continued after Merriweather had made the snow disappear, she just gave a look to Fairy Godmother who looked as if she had eaten a sour lemon and said "It was the only way, it's magic snow after all"

Then there was a mild silence that raised some tension between both fairies and then the headmistress just sighed after considering it for a few seconds and asked Ben "Is that alright...your majesty?"

The young king blinked and realized that he could authorize some uses of magic for some people, he didn't see the inconvenient of making the snow disappear and so he said "Yes, it's fine"

Then the students and the other teachers continued on their talks and resumed their eating as if nothing had happened but a certain purple haired fairy was sure that the talk about Hal's magic would be on their minds for a while after this.

Also, she sensed some uneasiness coming from Ben but decided that she would ask later as her boyfriend didn't like to speak about what he was feeling in front of other people.

He had enough of people scrutinizing all of his movements and declarations, she had to admit that she felt the same way too since the Cotillion.

Mal, who was still stunned, kept on her seat and after a few moments she said "Well, that could have been worse"

She didn't wait to see what the reactions of the other people on the table were, but Evie raised an eyebrow and asked almost in a scoff "How could it be worse? He totally freaked out and ran out, that's not Hal's style and even I that didn't grow up with you know that"

"He could have hurt someone, he was one of the very few who didn't even like to rough house when we were little " The fairy said shrugging and added with some empathy "Hal must be losing his shit now...and being thankful that Hans isn't here"

"Why would be that?" Klaus asked curiously and making the other jump as they didn't expect to have another interlocutor "Arnold and Jana would kill to have the powers"

Klaus knew that his brother and cousin felt as if they were the leftovers of the family for being the only two of their generation that didn't have powers, but they also had a kinship with his parents.

(They had even learnt how to harvest ice and that kind of stuff, things that other royals refused to speak about in polite company)

The look Jana was giving him confirmed it, the silver haired girl was shooting daggers at him as no one in Auradon complained about having powers or not.

Especially when they were in front of the High King of Auradon.

(But at least they weren't in front of Beast who would totally throw a fit at the talk of unauthorized magic in front of the younger generation)

"If you hadn't noticed, Hans tried to kill Queen Elsa for being magical" Anxelin said snorting, she was one of those who overly disliked the talk of magic.

It was strange that she was so against magic since her mother was one of those who were curious about it before the ban, especially regarding her hair and the flower Gothel used to be kept young.

"Actually not at first" Jay said shaking his head and explained when he noticed the weirded out looks everyone gave to him "He wanted to be king and she stood on his way, being magical just added another layer to his plan when the eternal winter was cast over Arendelle"

"True" Jana conceded and thought about her mother's actual power level as the Snow Queen no longer used them to a full extent. She then looked at Ben who seemed to be in deep thought and pondered about what would happen to Hal Westergaard after this.