Unaligned

I woke up in my old bed. I hadn't slept in here before but it was supposed to be my nursery. Now the cradle was replaced by a single bed with blue sheets and blankets. I had been in bed for two days. When I final dragged myself down stairs my step mom was sitting at the kitchen table. "This is what happens when you're rejected?" She whispered, guilt in her voice. I flinched when she spoke. "No," I said hoarsely," this is what happens." I told her and biped the neck of my shirt down so she saw the bandage.

          "What happened?" She asked. I sat down across from her at the kitchen table. "I saw my mate kissing his fiance. It caused a puncture in my heart and I began to bleed internally. If I was human I'd be dead but my wolf started to heal it's self instantly." I told her. Sylvia covered her mouth in horror. How many times have her and my father kissed in front of my mother? I could never see my mate again if I wanted to stay alive. I knew what I had to do but it hurt so much to even think about.

           I parked the Lexus in front of the pack house. I walked right it, not bothering to knock. After running up the stairs I threw Kenneth's door open. Bethany laid in his bed but they weren't embracing so it broke my heart a little less. "What are you doing here?" Bethany snapped. I ignored her and bore my eyes into Kenneth's. "I, Analla of the Full Moon Pack, here by declare myself rouge. I share flesh with you no longer, I share death with you no longer and I shall never run with your pack again. I ask for a day to leave your territory in peace." I recited the Ancient Words of Solitude. No one had broken of from their pack willingly in years.

           "I accept your proposal." He he said through gritted teeth. To deny me this wish would be an act of war between us.  "What are you doing, Analla?" He asked. "What's best for both of us. You don't want a mate. Now you wont have one." I stated and ran out of his room. The entire pack was waiting for me down stairs, gathered by the front door, they could feel the connection between us severing. "I guess this is goodbye." I told them. After one last long look at the family I grew up around I left the pack house. I no longer felt the security of the pack; it was replaced by a cold void. Emptiness.

      When I got back to my father's house he and Slyvia were waiting in the driveway. They felt it to. "What did you do?" My father demanded. "Damn it! What did you do?!" He yelled when I didn't answer. "I can't do it anymore. I just can't. I'm not strong enough." I told him. My voice cracked and tears wellded up in my eyes. "Come here." He sighed and I ran into him, letting him hug me for the first time in years. "Dad, I don't know what to do." I sobbed into his chest. "It's going to be okay." He told me over and over again. Why weren't we good enough? My wolf demanded sorrowfully, it was the first time I heard her in a while now. We were, he just wasn't good enough to see it.  I told her.