What Love Really Means (JJ Heller)

12

*BANG*

I jolted awake at the sudden sound and looked around for Harry. With a sigh I got up and walked over to his dresser and grabbed one of his hoodies. I slipped it over my body and quickly changed into sweats before going downstairs to find Harry hovered over the sink. His eyes were clenched shut and his breathes were long and hard. "Babe, are you okay?" I asked and walked up to him, my hand going straight to his back to rub it.

"I um, yeah," he said breathlessly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I thought I saw someone," he said as his eyes opened and his brows furrowed together. "My father actually."

"I thought-"

"He did. That's why I was so freaked out."

"Come on, let's go somewhere to eat. Maybe I can help get your mind off things," I smiled. He nodded and then turned to look at me.

"Thank you Lovebug. Now go get a shower so I can," he chuckled. I turned around with a smile on my face and started to walk away. Although, as I was walking away he slapped my ass. I turned to look at him and glared.

"Uh uh, nope. Get over here," I said as I walked over to him, but he started to back away. He had a smirk on his face and his eyes lit up in amusement at my determination to get him back.

"What are you two doing?" Anne asked as she walked into the room, clearly having just woken up.

"He slapped my ass," I whined.

"Harry!" She exclaimed as she looked at her son with a scolding look.

"It was playful! We haven't even had sex mom!" Harry said in defense.

"Good. Keep it that way for a while. Now go do whatever it is that you were going to do," she said and shooed us away.

"Go on," Harry motioned for me to go. As we walked to his room I thought about our relationship and where we were in it.

"If you want we can get ready together," I suggested.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded with a confident smile. I knew what the man had done to me and I knew what it all looked like, but it didn't matter. It happened and I've lived with it this long, and I'm gonna have to live with it for the rest of my life. Might as well move on now.

"Come on," I said and pulled him with me.

"We've gotta get our clothes," he chuckled. I grabbed a pair of jeans and some panties and then waited for him to get his outfit for the day. "What about a shirt?"

"I'll wear your hoodie. I never take off my hoodies so it can be a shirt today," I shrugged. He nodded and then we walked into the bathroom together.

"Bath and then shower?" He asked as he pointed to the tub in his bathroom.

"Sure," I shrugged and he started the water. He made sure that it was the right temperature before he started to undress himself. I knew that Harry didn't care about my body looks which was another reason I was okay with this. If he loved my scars he could love the rest of me. Once he got down to his boxers he put something in the water which created bubbles. "A bubble bath?" I smiled.

"I figured you'd like that," he chuckled. I nodded as I finished getting undressed. "Go ahead," he said and finished getting undressed.

I sat down slowly and let the heat of the water soak into my skin as I relaxed. After a moment he got in behind me and pulled me into his chest. He turned the water off just in time and made sure to keep us comfortable as he turned it off. "What did you want to do today?" He asked and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.