Chapter 10: I'm Still Into You

BACK TO THE PRESENT

MEGUMI'S POV:

It's been one year since the breakup. I've moved out from Chicago to New York for my internship.

It was one of those nights where I'm looking for something to comfort me. I was sitting on the couch in the dark, gloomy living room, mindlessly staring at the empty beer bottles all over the table. It was my sanctuary, a place to run away from the painful reality. Y/N's dad made her move to a new city to continue her studies ever since we broke up. I bet she's happier now. I bet she's found someone new. It seemed so selfish of me, but I hope she hasn't actually moved on. I hope she still wonders about me.

After all this time, my love for her still burns constant and unshakable. I don't think I would ever love another person as deep as Y/N. I still miss her like crazy. The moments we've shared together - the memories that used to warm my heart kept coming back to haunt me, making me feel so powerless. The teddy bear that I bought her for her birthday was still laying in my closet. I've never gotten the chance to give it to her.

I wonder what went through her mind the day I stopped replying to her texts, and the day she dialed my number only to find that it's been disconnected. She probably thought I was nothing but a cold-hearted jerk, and that I've probably moved on. But the truth is, it took everything in me not to call her - to tell her that I still love her, that I've never wanted this to happen, that I've made a promise to her dad I'd never see her again.

She hasn't left my mind ever. I still think of her every night. Sometimes, I see her in my dreams - dreams of her laying in my arms, and I asked if she'd like to try it again with me. But before she responds, I always seem to wake up. I wish I've never woken up.

Love... What is the meaning of it? Does it even exist? I wouldn't even have to think about it if Y/N hadn't appeared in my life that day... Not until the day I lost her...

There was a knock on the door and then it opened. It startled me. Who in the world would barge into my apartment at this hour? Wait.. it was Gojo.

"Gojo, how did you manage to get into my apartment?" I asked.

"YO Fushiguro, whatchu doing?" said Itadori, walking behind Gojo.

Ahh. No wonder. Itadori has extra keys to my new place.

"I brought you more beer you've asked for," Itadori said, handing me a bag full of beer bottles. I almost forgot about it.

"Thanks," I said, took one of the beer bottles from the bag, opened it, and took a sip.

"EH? Since when do you drink so much, Megumi?" Gojo asked.

"None of your business" I mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Ngaww... Don't talk to me like that," said Gojo, sulking in a playful manner.

I walked back to the couch. Itadori followed and sat next to me, holding a bottle of beer in his hands.

"It's okay, Megumi. It's a Saturday. You can drink as much as you want. We're here to help you feel better" said Itadori with an upbeat smile on his face, patting my back cheerfully.

"Thanks, Itadori," I said to him.

We continued drinking. Gojo joined in. My mind got blurry and foggy, but at least the pain was gone, temporarily. I couldn't remember how much time had passed and how many beers we've drunk, but Itadori was already on the ground, sound asleep.

Gojo was still sitting next to me, slouching on the couch, but still sober.

"Have you talked to her ever since you've broken up?" Gojo asked.