The basement

the cold, dark basement. there i sat, with my notebook and my pen, in the lonely corner, huddled up with my blanket and a lamp. a lonely boy, with no love life at hand . the dark nights of new york, with lights to make up for all the sorrow, all the grief and all the pretend. it's just not all real, and no one can comprehend. i now walk up the stairs, not paying attention to all my worries, all my cares. And as i stare out of the window, i can now see the despair. People on social media, on electronics , on computers, they don't know how to live, love, and experience life the way it should be experienced. the books they read, all about romance. how ironic. people all around the world, writing books online, just as they think their so fine. they miss out . oh how traditional books are so divine. i never liked to write online. takes the joy out of writing, if you would even call that writing. i prefer to stick to my trusty notebook and pen, that helps me think and makes the words.... somehow blend. i've got my life all figured out. my happiness, my strength. but then again, i was lonely, i was deprived. of love, yes .the basement was my happy place. until i met you.

Hi the writer here ! i just want to apologise for the chapter being so short !!! i promise the coming chapters will be longer 😭 anyway, this is inspired by the series "YOU" and its so good i had to write about it!!! my poetry isn't the best i know , but i'm trying 😩 i hope you enjoy this and be sure to check out the other chapters coming very soon !!! enjoy reading :)