Chapter 29

Next day, I promised myself to talk to Ian. I needed to clear things up. My brain wasn't able to deal with this constant not knowing what's going on shit. I was scared. But I couldn't hide any longer from the fact that I… I was in love with Ian. I reached school ASAP.
"Whatcha looking for?" Maeve asked me.
"Oh hey? Have you seen Ian?" I said.
"No… why?" Maeve asked me.
"I'm gonna talk to him." I replied.
"About what?" Maeve asked.
"My feelings. His feelings. Us.
I wanna know where we actually stand." I answered.
"Wow, brave of you." Maeve said.
"Maeve I'm so nervous I could shit my pants." I expressed.
"You probably shouldn't do that at school. Unless you got changed clothes. Anyway, are you really sure?" Maeve said.
"No. But this can't go on like this. Him being a jerk, then him being sweet to him being a major jerk. I need clarity." I replied.
"I understand." Maeve said.
"I already regret doing this." I said.
"C'mon, don't be a pussy." Maeve said.

When I entered the class, that's to be expected. But he didn't come to school at all. Not to this lesson nor to any other. My confidence shrunk. I was looking for Ian. I was worried about him.
"Liz." Victor called me.
"Oh hey, V." I replied.
"What are you doing here all alone." Victor asked me.
"Just wanted to get some fresh air." I answered.
"That doesn't sound like you at all." Victor said.
"People change." I replied.
"Anyway, do you wanna do something today?" Victor asked me.
"What?" I said.
"I thought we could go to the amusement park here. Looked pretty sick in the internet." Victor replied.
"I'm not really in the mood to be honest." I said.
"What's wrong?" Victor asked.
"Nothing, I'm just a bit tired." I answered.
"All the more reason to get out and have fun! C'mon.
I won't be here much longer. We need to make use of that time." Victor said.
"Okay now I feel bad." I said.
"So, my plan worked.
It'll be fun." Victor said.
"Okay okay." I replied.
"Nice.
I'm gonna buy you lots of cotton candy." Victor said.

Later that day, Victor and I were on our way to the amusement park. I didn't know what it was but something fell so off. My gut feeling was telling me to be guarded of something. Ian being absent wasn't making it any better. As soon as I thought of him, something bad was coming to my mind. He skipped school all the time. I was sad and disappointed when that happened. But I never had this feeling. As if something happened to him… I had to be paranoid. There was no other explanation. Victor was driving. I was sad and silent.
"What's up with you?
You've been pulling that face since morning." Victor asked me.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"You don't need to apologise. Just tell me." Victor said.
"I just… feel like something happened." I replied.
"What do you mean?" Victor asked.
"I wish I knew…" I answered.
"C'mon we'll have fun!
You're going to feel better once we're there." Victor said. But I didn't. I was damn worried about Ian.
"That right was sick!" Victor said with excitement.
"Yeah…" I replied.
My thoughts didn't stop from circling around him. My mind was trapped. Ian had always saved me. When there was a slight chance that he was in danger I had to do something. It was my turn to check on him and help him or care for him.
"I have to go, I'm sorry Victor!" I said. And took the car and went to Ian's house. I left Victor alone at the amusement park, I was in a hurry. I had no other choice, I knocked at the door but no one opened it. So I went to the window and I saw the window was broken.
"Oh my god…
I need to go inside and see if everything's okay…" I was scared.
I went inside the house through the broken window. I saw dead people everywhere on the house's floor.
"Oh my god…
They… they are… DEAD!
What the hell happened here and who are they!?
Ian… I hope you are okay!" I was thinking.
The house was big. I went inside a room, well that was the library. Then I went to another room, where I saw Dimitri lying on the floor. I checked his pulse but he was dead. Some other dead people were also there.
Panic flooded through me.
"IAN!!" I screamed.
Then went to look for Ian. I found a master bedroom of the house. I went inside that master bedroom. It was so dark. I couldn't see anything properly. When my eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, I was able to see the inside of the room.
Then I saw Ian was lying on the floor. He was bleeding. Blood was all over his body. He was injured. It was full of horror.
"IAN!!" I screamed his name and started to go towards him.
"DON'T!!" Ian said not come near him.
"But… you…" I said.
"I'm fine… go…" Ian said but I knew he was in pain.
"You're clearly not fine!" I said.
"JUST LEAVE!
I don't want you here. Don't be an annoyance,Liz." Ian replied. Like he was ordering me.
But I couldn't just leave him like that. He wasn't even able to get up. So I stayed to help him.
"I won't go." I said and went near him. I tried to get him up.
"Liz!! Please…" Ian tried to push me away.
"NO! Hate me all you want but I'm not going, Ian!
I need to call an ambulance!" I said.
"NO!" Ian said.
"Ian you're hurt!" I said.
"Don't call the ambulance, please…" Ian said and tried to get up.
"Are you crazy!?" I said.
"Don't do it." Ian said.
"But…
What happened!??
Ian, Dimitri is…" I said. I didn't know how to say Dimitri was dead.
"I know." Ian said.
"Tell me what happened?
Who are those dead people in your house?" I asked.
Then again Ian fell on the floor. He was weak.
"IAN!!
Shit… I have to call the ambulance!" I said and tried to call the ambulance. But Ian got up and threw my phone before I call the ambulance. And he held me tight.
"What are you doing?
Ian!??" I asked Ian.
"Liz…
I'm sorry…" Ian said with that painful look.
"For what…" I asked.
Before I could say or understand anything, Ian's eyes glowed red and he showed his sharp fangs. And then he bit my neck very hard. And then everything went dark, I don't remember what happened next. I got unconscious.

- To Be Continued -