Chapter 1: On to the next

"I hate to say it, Cisco," Tony Toretto said, looking at his friend sympathetically. "But I think the FroYo machine is officially busted."

"Aw man," Cisco pouted. "Not my baby!"

"I told you it was a bad idea to try and get all 10 flavors at once," Echo told him pointedly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. What am I gonna do now though?" Cisco began pacing around the garage, panic rising in his voice. "My FroYo is the only thing that keeps me calm during missions!"

"Can't we just get a new one?" Layla chimed in.

"We could, but it wouldn't have the limited edition Yoca flavor. I checked, they stopped selling it last month," Frostee replied.

"We're literally international spies," Layla scoffed. "I'm sure we could get our hands on some if we really wanted to."

"FROSTEE!"

Ms. Nowhere's face suddenly appeared on Frostee's computer screen, causing him to fall off his chair in surprise.

"Ugh. What's up Ms. Nowhere?" Frostee clambered to his feet and the rest of the team gathered around the screen as well.

"I've got a new mission for you kids. I'll give you more details later, but you're going undercover to an international racing event. Toretto and Gray, you two are the fastest drivers, so one of you will be competing. I don't care how you decide, but figure it out before tonight. Gary and Julius will meet you all outside of LA with the spy plane at 9:00 and you're heading straight to Moscow from there. Don't be late."

    With that, Ms. Nowhere disconnected the call, leaving the team confused, but excited for a new mission.

"Huh. I've never heard of any major car races in Moscow," Echo said. "Frostee, you got anything on it?"

Frostee's fingers flew over the keyboard as he typed in some keywords.

"Apparently it's the location for the fourth leg of the Hachiroku World Tour. It's the first year the race is being held, but from what I can tell it's a Grand Prix for Tokyo Drift racing," Frostee explained.

"Oh sweet!" Tony exclaimed. "Dom's done Tokyo Drift before, I bet he can give me some tips."

"You mean he can give me some tips," Layla replied. "I'm gonna be the one racing, Toretto."

Tony crossed his arms.

"Nah, it should be me. Like I said, Dom's done it before. Drifting is in my blood."

Cisco, Echo, and Frostee watched in amusement as Tony and Layla went back and forth with each other, bickering over who would make a better driver.

"Man, Ms. Nowhere should've just picked for them," Cisco said, shaking his head. "I can't deal with all this tension."

"Yeah, the two of them obviously can't either," Frostee muttered.

"Alright, we get it," Echo said finally, stepping between Layla and Tony. "You guys are both reckless dummies and could win the Grand Prix. But Ms. Nowhere said we have to pick one of you, so why don't you just have a race right now to decide? Winner gets to drive in Moscow."

Tony and Layla looked at each other and shrugged.

"Fine by me."

"Let's do it."