Chapter 12

Lᴜᴋᴇ:
I woke up thinking about Mom, and the whole New York trip. I was hoping Marie would want to come, especially since she'd been stressing over school, homework and things with her sister. I really wanted Mom to meet her. All I really do is talk about Marie. Besides Dad, and Anastasia, whom Mom can't stand either.

"So, she's your girlfriend?" Mom asked with a flirty voice, trying to sound 'hot' as she always says.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." I said proudly, which shut my Mom up for at least three seconds.

"Have you guys said the 'L word' yet?"

"Uh, no. We've only been dating for a month."

That's where I realised, today had officially been a month, since Marie and I had started dating. Mom gave out a laugh when she noticed that I had forgotten.

"Don't be an ass. Get off the phone, and buy her something! A necklace? Something she'll treasure."

I decided to take a day off school, to to buy something for Marie. I was supposed to be organised, all boyfriends are. Well, the normal, caring ones are.

I got off the phone with Mom, and hit the mall with Zane. He wanted to buy something for Gia, seeing as he was going to ask her out soon. We headed inside and Zane offered to head into Sephora, on purpose.

"I know Gia likes Gucci. She and Lexi always go there. Let's go check it out." Zane pulled my arm towards the door to Gucci. I wasn't sure if Gucci was something Marie would like, so I didn't buy anything. Zane bought a purse for Gia, and then left with me.

"You didn't buy anything?"

"Nah, I don't think Gucci is Marie's thing. I noticed she wears a lot of jewellery. It looks like Pandora or Prada." Zane nodded while listening.

We headed up the stairs and walked into Pandora. It was filled with a bunch of rings, necklaces, bracelets. Everything was there. It looked good, I liked it.

We walked up to the desk where the receptionist was sitting. She had gum in her mouth and was playing on her phone. Zane walked up to the desk, waiting for her to assist us. She looked up slowly before looking back down at her phone.

"Welcome to Pandora, how can I help?" She sounded dryly.

"So, we're looking for something for our girlfriend," Zane pointed to me, "-and almost girlfriend." He pointed to himself.

The receptionist nodded before turning her head to a large back door, behind her. "Bianca! Customers!"

Another lady with a Pandora uniform came out. She was wearing long earrings that touched her shoulder. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. Her long lashes were dark, showing her blue eyes boldly. She had perfectly straight teeth, forming a smile.

"Hi! I'm Bianca, how can I help you?" Zane smiled before explaining what we were looking for.

Bianca showed us many different types of jewellery, before letting us decide. Zane decided he was going to get something extra for Gia, so he bought her a designer bracelet with Gia's initials on it. On the back was the latter Z, for Zane's name.

I found a necklace, that I really liked. I could visualise Marie wearing it and looking so fucking good in it. It was silver necklace that had the letter 'x' on it, with diamonds all around the letter. I liked that it had 'x' on it. It symbolises a kiss. I liked how it had diamonds on it, it looked shiny.

I showed Zane the necklace I was buying, and his expression was just..off somehow.

"What?" I asked in confusion. Zane lifted the necklace and lifted the price tag.