~Chapter 3~

A/N: Finally got around to writing a new chapter of this story. I promise I didn't forget about it. I meant to update shortly after I finished one of my exams back in January but I ended up having a family emergency go on for awhile. Hopefully I can update again by the end of this year. I'm currently in my senior year of college working towards a bachelors in Electronics Engineering and will be busy with my senior project and whatnot. But anyways, enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours went by since Grell left. You sat on your bed anxiously, wondering when Grell was going to come back. She mentioned that all she had to do was get some paperwork filled out and until she brought back the completed documents, then arrangements couldn't be made.

With questions rushing through your mind nonstop, you tossed and turned for hours that night. When was Grell coming back? The best case scenario is that Grell was able to get the documents signed and bring them back in merely a few hours or less. But what if Grells ends up taking days, weeks, or even months? You cringed at the thought of having to wait that long. Even worse case scenario: What if Grell ends up changing her mind on this whole adoption thing and throws the documents in the trash? A sensation of dread fell to your stomach. If Grell never adopted you, then who will?

Your uneasiness continued onto the next morning along with your exhaustion from a lack of good nights sleep. Hours went by without a single hint of news about Grell. Each hour that went by only confirmed your fears.

"She is not coming back..." you thought, defeated.

But after dinner, you were finally notified of the news you've been waiting for.

It turns out that Grell had actually stopped by at noon and dropped off the paperwork and the adoption was official. She would have said hi to you but she was running late for work. She basically kicked open the entrance, threw the folder containing all the documents, announced that she was coming to pick you up, at one in the afternoon, and sprinted away before leaping into her car and speeding off.

After you were informed everything you needed to know, you ran off to get packed and prepare for tomorrow.

"I am really getting adopted tomorrow!" You thought excitedly. You glanced at the clock. It was eight in the evening. That meant that there were merely seventeen hours left until Grell was supposed to arrive and bring you to your new home. Even though every part of your body and soul were filled with energy as potent as if you were to consume ten cups of coffee, you scrambled into your bed immediately after you finished packing. You squeezed your eyes shut hoping to fall asleep as soon as possible. The sooner you fall asleep, the sooner you can arrive at your new home.

Fortunately, morning came before you knew it. You slowly opened your eyes and stretched your small body. The moment you noticed the sun was shining through the windows of the room, you leaped out of bed and looked at the clock.

It was eight in the morning.

It was now only five hours before your new guardian was going to collect you.

You got dressed and joined the other children for breakfast. As you slowly ate your cereal, excitement grew with each passing minute. But each minute went by slower. Although life at the foster homes has treated you well, your wish of being adopted was finally coming true.

After breakfast, you went back to the room and packed your belongings. By the time you finished packing, it was half past nine.

You frowned. Will time just go faster already!?

Eventually, one in the afternoon finally came but disappointment hung over you like a cloud.

Grell had not arrived. When you asked, no one had heard from Grell since she stopped by briefly. Even though they assured you that she is most likely still on her way, you couldn't help but fear the worst.

Fifteen minutes later while you were still waiting on a chair by the entrance, the door suddenly flew open.

"I am here!" A familiar flamboyant voice announced. It was Grell.

"Sorry I'm late. Traffic on the way here was just awful! I hope I didn't keep you waiting, darling," she said when she saw you on the chair.

"Are you ready to go?" Grell asked you.

One of the foster parents, who was also in the same room, said, "Would you like to say your goodbyes before you go, (y/n)?"

"I'm afraid we don't have time for that!" Grell said, grabbing your hand. You snatched your luggage just in time as the redhead pulled you along out towards the door. "I'm parked somewhere that only allows fifteen minutes and my lover will kill me if I get another ticket!" By the time any objection could occur, you and Grell were long gone.

Grell's gloved hand still holding onto your small one, you had to jog to keep up with your new adoptive parent.

"I'm not really going to get a ticket," Grell admitted. "I only said that because I'm starving and want to go home. But honestly, could you be any slower!?" You yelped in surprise as Grell scooped you up and began to carry you over her shoulder. When Grell abruptly picked you up, you had accidentally dropped your little luggage. Grell stopped briefly to pick it up, but then tossed it onto the streets where oncoming traffic ran it over.

"Hey! All of my clothes were in there!" You shouted, glaring at Grell.

"Darling, you're beginning a new life now!" Grell said as she began walking again. "You won't need them anymore. They serve nothing other than a reminder of your life before you were adopted."

"But what am I supposed to wear!? I can't wear the clothes I am wearing now forever!"

Grell laughed softly. "Did you really think I would bring you home with nothing? The only reason I took as I did to come get you was because I've been busy filling your wardrobe and decorating your new room."

"My new room...?"

"Yes dear," Grell replied. "You have your very own room waiting for you. You won't have to share a room with another brat again."

"What if you adopted another kid?" You wondered.

Grell scoffed. "Believe me, honey. That will never happen. You're the only brat I like."