Chapter 9 <3

I was stoked to go out with the team. I mostly was excited to get dressed to the nines. After what I've endured, I needed a fun night. I ran a bath and lit the strawberry incense in my bathroom. I stepped into the steamy bath, listening to the soft alternative music I had playing. I shaved my legs and washed my hair. The water stung my wounds, but I didn’t really mind. I got out of the bath and wrapped myself in my softest towel. I got to my room and wrapped my hair in the towel. 

I wore the black bra Spencer said he liked and the matching underwear. A black lacy set, pretty standard for me. I grabbed fishnets, a black long sleeved v-neck dress, and knee high white go-go boots. I loved these pieces together. I threw them on. Then  sat at my vanity. I used my kuromi headband to hold back my bangs. 

I rubbed the scratch on my cheek. It itched. Everytime I looked at it,  my stomach hurt, so I just replaced the beige bandage. 

I knew I could just do my makeup over it. I lit a cigarette and did my foundation. The bandage made it somewhat difficult to apply, but it was fine. I applied thick black eyeliner and blush. My signature red lipstick, that’s been found on cigarette butts for years, was my last touch. I dried my hair quickly and put it into pigtails. Grabbed all my jewelry off the vanity and put it on. I grabbed my bag and then I heard a knock on the door. I checked the peep hole of my apartment. It was Reid. I opened the door and he stepped in. 

“Sure, Reid, you can come into my apartment.” 

“Can you ride with me, please? Last time I left you in a public place you were kidnapped.” 

“Reid…” 

“Please, for me?” I smiled at him. 

“Yeah, sure I will.” 

“You look gorgeous, can’t wait to ruin that makeup later” He caught me off guard. The team thought he was different around me, if only they knew. I smiled at the thought. 

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, Spence, come on let’s get me drunk.” 

“I thought you didn’t like alcohol.” 

“I can look past it if me and you are drinking.” He handed me my bag. 

He had a firm grasp around me the whole time we walked to the car. I knew that he was scared. He took his arm off of me after we reached the car. 

“Buckle.” he ordered

“I am” I lingered on my words and huffed at him. “You know he’s not around here right Spence?” “That doesn’t change the fact that he tried to kill you and keep your corpse. I’m scared. Is that what you want to hear, Lolite. I’m scared. I care about you.”

“I know Spencer, I'm sorry.” 

He looked at me before quickly looking back to the road. 

“Don’t be sorry, it’s not your fault.” I wanted to change the subject immediately. 

“So where are we going?” He smiled. 

“It’s a club.” 

“You, Dr Spencer Reid, wanted to go to a club?” 

“I’ve seen the world differently since I’ve met you.” His words made me feel warm. 

“Me too Spencer, me too.”