The Eastman's

The Eastman family.
Powerful and ruthless.
Nothing crossed their path.

A family, a family that was powerful on the outside but was weak and pitiful on the inside. No one knew their secrets but everyone wanted to know. As soon as someone became close, the family would disappear, it was all part of the plan.

————————————————————————————————————-

The Eastman's have always had a plan no matter the situation. One time, the eldest son was caught dealing drugs in an ally way of the city they lived in, he was taken into the police station and was bailed out in less than two hours and the next morning they fled to another state.

The Eastmans have always been a mystery and it was my job to figure out their secrets. "No matter what it comes to, get info, no matter what"

The day was normal, office work stacked on top of my desk, taller than my boss standing right behind of the stack. I was listening to my music while looking at a document signed for a loan on a house in California. I must have missed my boss come into my office. He demanded my name, but I didn't acknowledge him.

The song ended and I got up out of my chair and put the document in the loan file on top of my file drawer in the corner of the room. I turned around to find my boss standing there with a disapproving look on his face. I took out my headphones.

"Sir, my apologies," I said rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Do you have a moment?" He asked trying not to sound too desperate for a conversation to start up.

"Yes sir," I said sitting back down in my swivel chair.

He sat down in one of the light green chairs in front of my desk. The desk was messy and had open files scattered all over, accompanied with stacks of closed files.

"What can I do for you?" I asked trying to tidy up my space. I was always told to keep my space clean, in case a client came in.

"I need a favor," He started off. He took a deep breathe. "You know the Eastman family?" He asked leaning in and lowering his voice.

This question took me by surprise, everyone knew about the Eastmans. They have taken a huge role in our town ever sense they moved in about 3 months ago. They have been doing a lot of renovating on the white mansion on top of the hill. That mansion was the most memorable part of the town, and they just ripped it down like it was a poster on a wall.

"yes sir, I am aware of them," I said hesitantly. The Eastmans have been out of our hands for the past three months and we were not looking to go back in business with them again after they lost us about two million dollars over the mansion project.

"Well I did some digging on their name and I learned that they have moved 3 times in the past 6 months because they ran into a few problems in other cities in the state," He said making his voice almost to a whisper.

I was obviously caught off guard by this information, out of all the other people in the office, let alone anyone else in the city, my boss had to tell me? Why? I gave him a dumbfounded look.

"Can you do more digging for me?" He asked noticing my look.

He knew about my background, but the audacity he had to ask was unbelievable.

"Digging" was code for information, dirty information. The type of information that will get you in major trouble.

The Eastman's, oh boy, where to start. They're wealthy and powerful. They are powerful in many ways, see they have a system, I wouldn't say it's a mafia family, but it's something like that. Their business is strictly confidential when it comes to more, let's say, more serious matters.