Saving Grace

Let's go back to season 1, won't you?

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them
( ꈍᴗꈍ).

I still have a lot of unfinished drafts for Between Scenes, but still haven't a muse to finish it. And this was one of them. Actually, this chapter consists of two unfinished drafts that I originally wanted to make as two chapters. The first is situated after Seokhoon asked Rona to wait for him in front of Hera Palace fountain in one of season 1 deleted scenes. And the second is after the kids mocking Hera Palace kids in season 1 ep 20. But then because these have a similar theme, so I made it into one chapter. Hope you enjoy it.
(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

It's a songfic, so the bolds one are song lyrics. And italics are inner thoughts.

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos.
(^_^)

================================

***

When you're out in the open

And you're tired of hoping

I'll be there in a moment

I'll be by your side

Rona studied the back of Seokhoon who was walking in front of her. His back looks lonely, looks tired as if he is carrying a very heavy burden. She replayed the words he had just said to her. Why did he tell her to wait for him? What happened last night when she didn't find the other Hera Palace kids at Grace's concert?

"What are you waiting for?" Seokhoon's deep voice sounded in front of her, awakening her from her deep thoughts. Seokhoon, who had walked a few steps ahead of her, turned to look at her. Even from his voice and the look in his eyes, he looked very tired.

"Nothing." She shook her head before taking a few steps to level with him. The two of them walked together in silence.

The silence that surrounded them as they walked made the journey from Hera Palace's lobby to the Hera Palace's entrance door seemed very long. But neither of them dared to break the silence. Rona was still waiting for Seokhoon to break the silence first because if she spoke first, she was afraid that she would say something that would make his mood worse.

"Do you mind if we take a taxi? I'm not in the mood to take the bus." The suggestion given by him added to her concern with the condition of the boy who stood beside her as they passed through the glass door that separated the corridor that led to the Hera Palace and its exterior.

"Okay.." She could only reply with a word and a nod.

For now maybe being by his side, following his will could ease whatever thoughts were going through him.

When you're scared and you're lonely

When there's no one to hold you

I just want you to know that

I'll be by your side

They had been in the taxi for maybe almost five minutes but there was still no topic to break the silence. She saw Seokhoon since entering the taxi just looking out the window. The light seemed to have disappeared from his eyes, no longer radiating the warmth that had begun to show in his eyes recently. Like going back to when they first met, his eyes were dark and cold.

Rona recalled how the look in his eyes when they met looked very cold as if his heart had never felt some happiness. Her mother always said that the eyes are the window to a person's soul, from their eyes will be seen the true form of a person. Seokhoon's eyes when she first met him looked very dark. From the outside, people may think that Seokhoon is a scary person, who is not afraid of anything. However, the more she looked into his eyes, the more Seokhoon looked like a lonely frightened boy. She didn't know what he was afraid of as she never tried to ask him. She could only continue to be near him, not only because she liked him but she wanted to erase the lonely feeling in his eyes. Her efforts slightly succeeded in making him have a glow in his eyes, slowly Seokhoon began to smile and seemed to appreciate every little thing that was happening around him.