FRIDAY NIGHTS

by vadalivamshi

Here I am - partially broken and partially breathing. A miracle of a marvel. A marvel of  a miracle. I don't know the difference between black and white - which is to say, love doesn't blind us, it just makes us forget how to see.

In all of the eternity - you are by far one of the greatest heartbreaks I am going to conceive. See, my pain is a dexterity relapse I don't plan to cure. You looked like the last thing I want to hear before falling asleep.

You sounded like bedtime stories and old-time ghazals. You looked like guardian nights under color lamps. You smelled like old books being reopened. You dresses like a heartbeat in black wool. You, I swear you looked a lot like the only thing I want to keep looking at, till I cannot.

An old memory, a new eulogy; another broken vessel, a cracked tea pot - cliches, cliches, cliches - so many of them in so little of you, I wish I can hold them all - and keep bleeding.

On a Friday night, nobody should fall in love. On a Friday night, nobody should look at you smiling. On a Friday night, nobody should think about having another Friday night with you.

I wish I had the chance to tell you that I will be waiting here till I am tired. But I guess, sometimes, Friday nights don't give you that chance.

- Yours, another admirer of your nose pin.