13

chapter thirteen: too much.

| Robyn Rihanna Fenty |
| May 8th |
| Houston, Texas |

"How did she die? What happened?" Monté was very invested, the way I knew she would be

Monté has grown closer to Aditi since she touched down from Kyoto to Houston. She liked her because she was honest and different, that's what she told me. I honestly felt bad about going through with Aditi's airtight plan after conversing with Monté. She made me wanna backtrack just so that she could keep her friend.

"They're saying there was a plane crash."

"A plane crash? No way, she's literally a pilot."

"So someone else died too?"

"I think so, they haven't given us all the details, but it is all over the news. It's huge."

The office was still going insane seven days after Aditi's death had been revealed. Everybody who was anybody was trying to find out more about what happened to her. After seeing the news report that was purposely vague because of the millions that Mr. Brooks paid to keep it that way, everybody wanted to know more. They just couldn't believe the charismatic, creative, money-making 24-year-old mogul was dead.

Everyone's timeline was infested with the Brooks' family tragedy, and they wanted Mr. Brooks and Emilio to say something. Per Aditi's instruction, the Savage X catalogue which she now owned 20% of, would be the only one getting the exclusive interview from them both. Because she was the money-making machine she was, we would all be making money and capitalizing off of her own death.

She was a fucking genius.

"What in the world is going on?" Onika popped her head in my office, I could see Beyoncé behind her, looking around aimlessly like an airhead, like a big ass dummy.

Onika must've put some pussy on her in the parking lot.

They'd been going at it like dogs in heat ever since they got back together. Everybody knew they were back together because Onika didn't know how to keep quiet when one of them went to the other's office to have sex. They obviously felt like they'd been missing out on something for three years. I knew we would never hear the end of it.

"Have you not been watching the news? Or listening to anyone's conversation?"

She shook her head no.

"Aditi died."

She raised her eyebrows, but her expression hadn't changed. It was like Beyoncé hadn't even heard me.