•1•

I push the door closed to my mother's car. I had just dyed my hair something I wasn't allowed to do with my dad around. My dad passed away a few weeks ago. Due to an "animal attack", yeah i don't believe it dad was so careful when he was hunting. It's been the toughest on my mom, not so much me after what he did I wanted him dead. the only person that knew is my best friends Emily and Sam. I rushed in to get my brother ready for school, he's four so he's already tough to get started.

"Bennett!" I yelled as I walked through the door

"coming" I heard him say.

I looked up the stairs to find the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen

I looked up the stairs to find the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen. Bennett is standing there in the outfit I put out for him before I left.

"Good job buddy" I whispered to him before kissing his head. He's such a sweet kid I wish my family wasn't so broken. My mom became a drunk after dad died which I understand but she has Bennett to raise. It was my senior year at forks high and I was so ready to be out of this place. of course I'm taking Bennett with me. I lead him to the car hoping we leave before Charlie comes rolling up with my mom. Sadly we hadn't missed him, he was pulling up as I was about to pull out. I huff in annoyance I look back at Bennett and say to him I'll be right back. I hop out of the car and turn to walk the front door to unlock it. Charlie carried my mom into the living room and put her on the couch.

"Nice hair" he said as he turned around and looked at me he cracked a smile.

"thank you, I needed a change" I spoke softly, I haven't seen him since he came over to tell me my dad died.

"Look's good on you kiddo" he said uncertain of his words.

I looked up tears blurring my eyes, it's been the hardest on Charlie I think it was his best friend and he thought of me as a daughter.

"I'm sorry I haven't reached out kiddo" he spoke softly as I felt more tears arise.

"it's okay Charlie, I better get going before I'm late though. thanks for taking care of my mom." I went over to hug him.