Chapter 1

It was quiet inside the on-call room, the only thing that could be heard was the content sighs escaping her lips as Addison played with her hair. They lay together in one of the tiny beds as she tightly tucked herself to the redhead's side. It was their thing now, laying together after long hours of surgery, hidden away from prying eyes and troublesome people.

The soft kiss Addison placed on her hairline made her purr as those, sometimes, inopportune butterflies were sent fluttering in her stomach. Addison giggled at her reaction and she looked at her with a soft smile in her lips, one that the redhead returned. She laid her head back on her chest tucking herself under her chin, which she recently had decided was her rightful place, before she spoke.

"Did you ever imagine that this could happen?"

"What? Two very successful surgeons sleeping in an on call room after five plus hours of surgeries? Yeah, I think I could."

"Addie." She whined.

"No." Addison chuckled lightly and resumed twirling her golden locks between her fingers. "I'm glad I came back. If Mark knew he'd say this is a win for the Dirty Mistresses Club."

"It's a win for me."

"Hmm."

"Do you... do you think you regret it?" Her voice was soft and her tone uncertain.

"Yeah." Addison sighed.

"Addison, really?"

She was painfully aware of the vulnerability in her voice but she ignored it as she propped herself up on her elbow to look at the redhead. Addison only smiled, brushing some of her hair away from her face and tucking it behind her ear before leaning towards her and kissing her nose lightly. The action melting away the pain and sadness and sliver of insecurities that had begun to envelop her.

"I regret wasting so much time trying to find something which has always been here." Addison grinned sweetly and gently pulled her back onto her.

"I hate you." Meredith grumbled and felt the vibrations on Addison's chest as she chuckled.

"No, you don't."

"No, I really don't... Addie?"

"Babygirl, let's take a nap."

"Babygirl?"

"You don't like it?"

"I do."

"Good."

After that they were quiet a while but Meredith was still hung up on a question, which had been floating around her head recently. She was tired and she knew Addison was too but she still wanted to know.

"Addie what if..."

"What if we talk later and sleep now?"

"But..."

"Babygirl, we'll tell people soon." Addison said practically reading her mind without even looking at her. "Now that he's gone back to New York, we won't have to deal with death glares or useless commentary. We'll tell everyone later but right now..."

"We sleep?"

"Yes, now we sleep."

"Addie?"

"Mer." Now it was the redhead's turn to whine, which made Meredith giggle.

"Thank you for staying with me, here."