Chapter 2

Night found Meredith tossing and turning in bed. She ignored Cristina's calls as she continued to call and leave message after message in Addison's voicemail. She had gone to the hotel to find that the redhead had checked out. She was worried beyond belief, letting her storm off was one thing but not being able to find her was another.

There was a soft knock on her door and she sat up quickly watching as it opened. Knowing there was no way it would be Addison she kept on hoping the redhead would walk in but the one to walk in was Cristina.

"Why don't you pick up your phone?"

"I'm waiting for her to call. Maybe she calls when I'm talking to you and then and then..."

"Mer what's wrong?"

"Addison heard Lexie and she thought I was going to cheat and she left and I let her."

"Ok, calm down." Cristina moved to the bed to hold on to her flailing arms.

"I don't know where she is. She's being an ass."

"Have you called her?"

"Have I called her? Have I called her?!"

"Okay."

"I've been calling her for the last three hours! I went to find her at the hotel and they told me she checked out. She left! Again!"

"Mer maybe she's staying somewhere else knowing you'd go get her."

"No! She left. Just like she always does. She just up and left me! She left me alone." Meredith shouted in frustration as tears broke free and sobs erupted from her shaking form.

"Mer you gotta calm down. I'm sure..."

"No." Meredith wiped her tears and leaned back onto the head rest. "Can you stay the night?"

"Yeah. But I'm hungry. You were supposed to come celebrate with me."

"Sorry. There's pizza in the oven. I got it for her but she wasn't there."

"Wow you even got her food."

"Shut up." Meredith smiled a bit at her person's mocked outrage.

"Yes. Fix yourself 'cause I don't do crying girls."

"Nah you only do G.I. Janes."

"Hey."

"Go get your food. I'll wait for you here."

"I'll bring the box of pizza up here then."

With that Cristina went to the kitchen as she sat there bringing her knees to her chest and waited for her. She wished the one to eat the pizza with her was Addison but that wouldn't be the case. At least she had her person because being alone right now wouldn't be good at all.

***

Cristina sat with a grumpy Meredith at the residents locker room the morning after. It was clear as day that the blonde hadn't slept at all. Maybe Addison and her person would see each other today since they were working on the same case and things would be fine. Thing with maybes was that while it may happen it may also not.

"Look alive people. I have your assignments. There were a few switches. Everyone but Karev and Grey are staying in the same services."

"Dammit." Cristina grumbled under her breath as she heard Bailey's announcement.