Chapter 5. "Flight"

Gingerbrave POV

I ran into the clearing where I saw all the other kids training. We do this every month at Night, It's to help us be stronger and protect ourselves from dangers including wolves, feral cookimals and dragon fruit cookies. "HELLO PEASANTS!!!" I heard custard shout from the tree.

"WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL HEROS-IN-TRAINING PROGRAM, TONIGHT WE WILL BE FIGHTING CAKE-HOUNDS AND THEN WE'LL DO TRICK OR STEAL ON THE ADULTS!" custard cookie shouted "Enough shouting Custard." said wizard cookie covering his ears.

Custard jumped down from the tree with angel cookie helping him not die but was struggling in angel's grasp "If you struggle again custard I will throw you off the tree instead." Angel cookie said with her iconic stare causing all of the kids to shiver.

"ANYWAY GUys we need to go now!" Custard said ecstatic. They walked deeper into the forest further and further away, Ginger had to hold onion cookie this time or she'd start crying and panicking "Onion calm down... there's no ghosts here... shh" I said to onion when she was starting to sob.

"God ginger you sound like and older brother" Said cherry cookie as I remembered a song Me and my brother would sing to gingerbright when she was scared.

"There was once a soldier who carried a mighty sword, he will tear your city down oh lei oh lai he will tear your city down oh lei oh lai oh lord"

Everyone turned around to see me singing onion cookie a song.

"There was once a poet who weapon was his word, he will slay with his tongue oh lei oh lai he will slay with his tongue oh lei oh lai oh lord"

Everyone wanted to sing together for the next part so they went beside ginger and onion little did they know..

"There was a once a ruler whose brow is laid in thorn smeared in oil like David's boy oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord smeared in oil like David's boy, Oh lei-oh, oh lai-oh lord, oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord-"

3rd person POV

The song was stopped abruptly by a dragons growl, it was coming from gingerbrave who was distancing himself away, everyone saw the horns, the tail, his red eye, His soul jam? A bright light was shining on his chest as he grew into size and became...

A dragonfruit cookie "WOAH GINGER! THAT'S AMAZING" All of the reckless children shouted the others were concerned "W- W- what?" stuttered strawberry cookie while wizard cookie was already reading the recipe book that had gingerbraves recipe

"Guys you have to see this..." wizard cookie said getting everyone but gingerbrave who was looking at his new state, He was like werewolf cookie, he couldn't talk or act normal in this form. "Ginger's recipe has dragonfruit and soul jam infused in it.." said wizard cookie.

"What cookie type would he be?" asked hazelnut cookie. "What if we called him The ginger-dragon cookie?" asked onion actually brave enough to speak normally suddenly they heard laughter. As they turned around they saw...

the reckless kids jumping onto Ginger-dragon {ginger is a giant dragon rn btw} back "I WANNA FLYYYYYY" They heard cherry cookie shout at the top of her lungs. Devil and angel cookie was asleep on ginger's head. "Should we, join the others?" asked wizard.

"Sure!" said the others as they went onto ginger-dragons wing/arm. Suddenly Ginger went souring into the sky "So pretty.." Everyone said as they looked up at the moon and saw moonlight cookie, ice. "So that's moonlight cookie? The one river fairy spoke about"

They all enjoyed the flight, they talked to each other and watched the stars "We should go down, you know? For trick or steal?" said custard as they descended down back to the clearing. "How do we get ging-" Gingerbrave became normal again but...

He was now half dragon with a gem(?) on his chest. "Did I just-" he said "Yep!" the others answered. "Now let's go steal some stuff from the adults!" said cherry "All the adults have such dull houses! Let's brighten the colours for them!" Shouted gumball cookie

They all returned back to the kingdom and caused chaos by, stealing candy, "Brightening up houses" and accidently getting stuck in herbs garden

"How the heck do we get out of here!?" asked cherry who was honestly scared. "I don't know!!" said strawberry who was talking really fast. "Guys just run to the fence and jump over!" said wizard cookie, most of the children started doing that, Gingerbrave being last.

"Ginger jump over!" said Angel worried. Ginger started running at the fence and accidently stepped on one of the plants on the way he jumped over the fence "Shoot we need to hide ginger stepped on a plant, Herb's coming already!!" said gumball as they all hid behind trees

"Who stepped on my plants?~" Said a VERY angry Herb "I know your there kids~" Ginger started getting angel and devil to pick up 1 cookie at a time to take them close to their homes. When it was wizards turn he stepped on a twig by accident.

"angel, devil get wizard out of here! I'll run!" Ginger said as he started running. "Oh little child~" He heard herb say. He started to run before climbing a tree. He can sense herb was climbing the tree aswell. Then he noticed on his arms he had wings that can glide.

'Thats useful right now- Let's just try!' ginger thought has he opened his wings and tried to glide and he was now in the air, He can glide now. He started gliding towards his home trying to stay in the air. He was honestly excited now that he knew what he actually was.

He was a dragon cookie. When he got home he went and locked all doors and windows and turned off all lights, and went to bed. "What a wonderful/horrid day" he muttered as he drifted to sleep.

"I miss my brother"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<<Word count: 1020>>