A new chapter

ALEX
It's been a week since Toussaint presented me with a life changing opportunity. And today will be my first ever day in  another country. I'm itching to get a view out of the aeroplane window but I'm unfortunately sitted on the edge seat, furthest from the window.

  Although I don't think that would be the best idea anyways, because 2 hours in of the flight, and I'm already clutching my stomach, my ears laden with a whining sound, and my head about to burst. I'm definitely not excited on the flight back home.

  When we finally land I'm already out of my seat getting my luggage out, and ready to run out the door when-

I fall, splat on my face.

But thankfully, my reaction is fast and I get up quicker than I fell. At that the apologies come in.
"Oh my goodness, I am ever so sorry!"
"Are you alright young lady?"
I give a scowl at the word lady.

  I'm not sure who effortlessly shoved me down to the floor, but I don't really care and the crowd here seems to think all of themselves guilty so I just get up and go.
_____
  Once I'm out of the airport, the realisation hits in.
I'm finally here. I really am living my dream.
Or maybe because this is a dream?
It sure felt like one.

  There's taxi's out here and I'll need one to get to my hotel.I pat my side to search for my wallet. I pat and I pat but I only come in contact with myself.

   I start to panic, until I realise.
I wasn't just pushed randomly, was I?
I want to chase and curse after the pickpocket but whoever they were would be long gone by now, satisfied by their success.

  Thankfully, I have some won in a hidden pocket of my suitcase. It's not a lot but it should be enough. For now at least..
_____
  I asked the taxi driver for a ride to my hotel, but turns out it's 2 hours away and he recommended I take the train because it's much cheaper, so here I am, standing alone in the subway station waiting for my train to come.

  I wait and I wait. The next train doesn't come until 11.00pm. One hour left for more joyous waiting.

  My boredom is slightly cured when I'm joined in the area but a peculiar but handsome looking man in a grey suit with a heavy looking suitcase.

He sits down beside me on the bench, and the first few minutes are rather awkward, until he speaks.

"I wonder, would you like to play a game?"
I look at him in bewilderment and the silence is enough to make him grin. "Wh-...What game?" I ask.

He says nothing but opens his suitcase instead. "Here I have two cards. The aim of the game is for you two flip my card over. You win, you get 10,000 won."

  10,000 won. I really need this money. "What's the catch?" I ask. There's always a catch. "Are you going to beat me up after or something?"

  The man shakes his head chuckling. " No. Here, we play fairly. I have stated the clear rules."

  "I'll play." The words jump out of my mouth faster than I can think everything through.

  He smiles, and stands up to set up his game. " Pick a colour," he says, holding up a blue and red card. I pick the blue one. He then takes it from me and puts it on the floor. "I'll go first," he says.

  I watch as he suddenly lifts up his arm, and brings the red card down with such immense force that it flips my blue card. He straightens himself, linking his fingers together, hands on top of each other while waiting for me to go next.

  I walk over and pick my chosen card. I've never played this before so I don't know what to expect. But when I bring my card down, and it barely even nudges the red card, I know I definitely haven't won my 10,000 won.

"It seems I've lost," I turn to the stranger hoping to give him what seems to be a polite smile.

"Your fee is 10,000 won."

Of course this is the catch.

"Or...you can pay with your body," he finishes after seeing my horrified face.

Body?? I better run or my trip here will be over before it's even starte-

  I don't get to even finish my thoughts because before I know it, the man uses his strong force to slap my cheek. I think half my face has just fallen off.
____
  It seems my stubbornness had won over me, and so here I am, playing game after game, to get my revenge back at this kind smiling devil. Slap after slap, my cheek is now burning alongside the burning feeling of embarrassment. At least there's no onlookers.

  I'm about to give up, when miraculously I flip the card. I could scream from happiness. I get ready to slap this bastard, nearly jumping up to hi-

  He stops me with a quick movement of his hand. He reaches into his pocket with his other hand and reaches out a stack of money. "This is yours, I believe," he says chuckling.

I didn't think he would actually give me the money. But hey, I'm not arguing. Just then I hear the train arrive.
I grab the money with a quick "Thanks" and pick up my luggage. I can't risk to miss this train and wait for another two hours.
  Just as I'm about half way to the train-
"Wait!" exclaims the man.
"I really have to go-" I cut off as he turns me around with one strong hand. He's holding a card with three shapes, a circle, a triangle and a square.

"If you ever want to play again.." he says as I take it into my hand. I turn it over to see a number.
"Ok thanks, but I really really need to go," I finish.
"Best be off then," he answers ,flashing his charming grin again.

I give a genuine smile in return and finally get onto the transport.