Chapter Four: Jamie's Confession

I wake up with a start when I feel what feels like little legs crawling on my arm and my face.

Spiders. Lots of spiders. I scream and stand up flinging them off my face and body.

I hurry through the open doorway and take the stairs down. The same guy was at the front desk drinking three cups of coffee.

He waves at me and I rush out quickly. My car was where I left it so I hopped in and raced to the restaurant.

"Ooh! Mikey! You came back!" Jamie exclaims when I enter.

"Yeah!" I yell giving her a quick hug. "And I'm gonna bring you back..."

She smiles. "Yay!" She cheers and walks me to the meat locker.

Inside it was dark, so I turned on a light. There were bodies, on bodies, on bodies. I feel chills again and quickly walk out to the kitchen.

Bad decision.

Inside the kitchen there were pizzas. I pick one up, only to remember that they were made of human skin. Maybe even Jamie's flesh!

I slam it down on the floor and kick it underneath the oven. Then I rush out of the kitchen and sit on a bench.

"Mikey..?" Jamie says patting my back only causing me to shiver.

"Jamie..?" I reply getting up and looking into her eyes.

"Mikey..." She repeats looking at my lips and standing on her tiptoes.

Then she kisses me.

I was surprised at first, but I find myself kissing her back.

Soon, I pull away, because I was becoming cold not only on the outside, but in the inside, too.

She smiles up at me. "C'mon, Jamie. I'm gonna get you back."

"Mike.."

"What?"

"She killed me, Mike."

"I know."

"She killed me because..." She breaks down, "Because I... I knew about the pizza. I heard her dad screaming! I-I was gonna tell you..."

"Jamie.." I hesitate. That's why she wanted me dead! "It's okay! She's locked up! I'm safe! You're safe! It's okay!"

"But... But Mike... I'm not okay!" She hugs me.

"Jamie..."

"Mike!" She pauses, "I l-love you!"

I stare at the ground before blushing and saying, "I love you, too!"

She smiles, sweetly and runs off, "Come on! Let's save me!"

Not much of a damsel in distress! I think to myself.