Chapter one- fresh start

I stretched myself awake and looked at the clock on my nightstand.
'8:37am'
"Perfect" I yawned and stood up, stretching once more.

My cat, Loki, stretched as well, arching his back and letting out a small chirp. As if to say "good morning!"
I smiled and scratched between his ears "Good morning Loki, want some breakfast?" I asked.

The grey and white cat hopped off the bed and ran to the door. I opened it and made my way to the kitchen to refill Loki's bowl and to make something for myself.

"Oki doki" I scanned the shelves in the fridge.
'I'm not that hungry- but I need to eat something...'
I grabbed a bagel, cream cheese, and the jug of apple juice and set them all on the table.
Quickly, I ate and cleaned up after myself.

Loki was sitting in the window, enjoying the sun. I opened it so he could get outside while I was gone, knowing he'd stay away from the road and come back at dinner.

I grabbed my put my hair up and grabbed my bag for today. In it was the outfit I'd wear to my interview, and my ice skating gear.
I started my car and drove to the ice skating rink.
This is normal for y/n she does this at least 3 times a week cause why not?

I put my skates on and started my playlist, picking an upbeat song. Thankfully no one else was in the rink, so I could do whatever I wanted.

I was pretty good at skating, it was one of my favorite things to do. The way you just flow on the ice to the music, the cold nipping at your soft skin, It felt like you were floating.

The song went to the chorus, I closed my eyes and spun, then as it faded out of the chorus slid backwards. Each movement was graceful, filled with emotion, the only reason she wasn't competing professionally was cause this was just a hobby.

After about 30 minutes of skating I packed up my stuff and got changed into a button down shirt and black jeggings. I took my hair down and drove to Freddy's.
'Be there at 10am!' The phone guy's voice chimed my head. It was 9:45, Freddy's wasn't that far away, but I'd rather be there a bit early than be late.

The parking lot was nearly full, it was a Saturday after all. I parked my car, trying to get as close to the entrance as possible.
Stepping inside the building, it was loud and filled with flashing lights and screaming children. The air smelled of fast food and some strange scent that made my stomach churn.

I walked to the back rooms, avoiding the children that were playing their made up games and causing small chaos's.
I found a door marked 'Henry Emily' and leaned on the wall across from it.
'10 minutes' I closed my eyes, the hallway felt eerie. Faded music played and noisy yellow lights buzzed.

'This is sure to give me a headache.' Just as I was about to put my headphones in I heard someone clear their throat.
I looked up at a tall man with dark brown hair and dull grey eyes. He looked tired. He wore a white button down with small oil stains on the sleeves, which were rolled up.
I looked him up and down, he did the same, then spoke.
"So, I'm assuming you're the one I'm helping Henry interview?" His accent was crisp despite the annoyed look on his face.
I put my headphones down and stick my hand out. "That is correct! I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you!"

He looked at my hand and ignored my gesture to be polite completely. "Let me make this clear, L/N, I don't like you." He leaned in close when he spoke, the scent of iron wafting from him.
I shrugged "Well, that's a bit rude but I'll live." I shrugged. I looked at him more closely, the was a small fleck of red liquid on his right eyelid. 'Weird..'
"Oh by the way boss man, you got a little something, right here." I pointed to my own eyelid.

He glared and wiped it off, mumbling a small thank you.
I bit back a sarcastic comment, I need this job.
"My name is Mr.Afton, you will address as so if you even want a small chance of getting this job." He ran a hand through his messy hair and knocked on Henry Emily's door.
"Come in!" He called from inside the office.