The Last One

Present day

It was another tiring day at work. I was so excited to finally go to sleep, but now I'm wide awake. I've been off Twitter for a little while now, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to just check some tagged tweets and mentions.

Kapuso Network threw a star-studded bridal shower for Glaiza de Castro, guests include her close friends Angelica Panganiban, Marian Rivera, Encantadia sanggres Gabbi Garcia, Sanya Lopez, Kylie Padilla, and former love team Rhian Ramos

A rebel mentioned me and shared this article written 10 years ago. Her entry for "Throwback Thursday" I guess. I vividly remember that night.

---

May 8, 10 years ago

I was so hesitant to attend that event because I thought it might be awkward but the management said so. Ang labo 'di ba. I've been wanting to work with her pero 'di nila kami pinapayagan. Tapos doon sa mismong event na ayaw ko pumunta, they are requiring me to go.

I came to the venue a bit late. As expected there were media people. I tried my best to be my usual self: the kalog and weird Rhian that everyone loves-- the same Rhian that G loved.

I was interviewed and asked to give a message to Glaiza.

"I just wish her a lifetime of happiness. That's all."

Mabigat ang dibdib ko. Sobra.

G and I only had a few minutes to talk during the event. We didn't even talk about her wedding. She asked me how I've been and wished me good luck kasi may bagong show ako that time.

As soon as the media left, nagpaalam na rin ako. Busy pa si Glaiza talking to some of her friends so I talked to Angelica instead.

"Hey. Mauna na rin ako. I have an early call time pa rin kasi tomorrow. Please tell Glaiza na lang."

"Wait. Maaga pa. 9PM pa lang. We're heading to Tagaytay after this. Sama ka." Angelica said.

"Naku hindi na. Hahaha I need to be in taping by 8AM din kasi talaga."

"Gusto ka niya makasama. For old times' sake?" Angel handed me an invite.

It says, "The Last One."

"Sige. I'll wait in my car. Sabihan niyo lang ako if aalis na."

I was busy reading a portion of my script nung narinig ko na may kumakatok sa kotse. Si Glaiza wearing a cap, plain white t-shirt tucked inside her black pants, and white sneakers.

"Hi. What happened to your dress?" I said.

"Hindi naman kasi kumportable yun for a road trip."

We are always awkward together when mixed in with the crowd, but she's always been like this in my memories-- so chill.

My Glaiza is back.

"Saan na si Amigah mo?" I asked.

"Dadalhin nila yung kotse ko sa bahay." She answered.

"Huh? Bakit? I thought pupunta tayo sa Tagaytay?" I was so confused.

"Oo nga. Tayong dalawa lang. Last one road trip. As friends."

G removed her cap and put it on me.

"As friends?" I just want to make it clear.

"Our definition of friends." Then, she winked.

I. COULDN'T. RESIST. THAT. WINK.

"Drive thru tayo? Nagugutom ako eh." Sabi ni G.

Kakaalis pa lang namin sa venue.